Ick Battle lost..

zee119

Reefing newb
well the gold rim tang finally died from the ick out break. i set up the hospital tank a bit too late. i did save the coral beauty, but i'm going to let the tank sit for 5weeks and from now on every fish gets a copper treatment . hopefully this will take care of the ick forever,... damn ick..

Last edited:
sorry to hear, your tank really is to small for for a tang
His tank is plenty big unless the tang was too big for the tank. I have kept a small yellow in a 29 for 3 months and when he started getting bigger I had put him in my 75 where he lived in their for 4 months. I recently sold him since I went with a different tank setup. As long as the fish wasn't large then his tank size should be fine. Tangs are bad with ich regardless, I have seen people with 150+ gallon tanks, lose tangs over ich. Ich and tangs dont mix.

I am sorry for your loss as well. I hate losing fish. the more expensive the fish, the worse it feels

-Doc

A cleaner gobie or wrasse, or shrimp is a must with tangs. if the fish are healthy when you introduce them, the cleaners will keep the ick under control during initial outbreaks. I keep a cleaner gobie in mine at present. good luck.

Back