ICK lifecycle

gridlock

Reefing newb
Hello I have been having ick problem for the past 4 months. My water parameters are good. There’s simply ick in the tank. I understand the basics of the ick life cycle. And understand the best way to get rid of ick is to quarantine all fish until the ick life cycle is broken in the main tank because there's no host for ick.

I started treating my tank with NO ICK from fish vet my question is the following does this medication completely kill ick and the ick dormant stage?
At this moment none of my fishes have ick, but it might reappear in a week or two. I have done successful fresh water dips on my fish but that does not solve the problem with ick in tank.

Any suggestions? Ick Sucks....

I started treating my tank with NO ICK from fish vet my question is the following does this medication completely kill ick and the ick dormant stage?
There is no proof that it does either.
Any suggestions?
I understand the basics of the ick life cycle. And understand the best way to get rid of ick is to quarantine all fish until the ick life cycle is broken in the main tank because there's no host for ick.
I think you know what you have to do.

You could throw a UV sterilizer on the tank and hope that it catches and kills the ICK before it has a chance to re-establish.

Back