ID help x2

Bluespace

Reefing newb
I've been trying to take pics but my camera sucks along with my photography skills.

At night I have long thin strans with barbs that come out of my rocks. Not stars much longer. They can retract pretty quickly.. Any thoughts?

Second one is a bit harder to explain. I found it on my glass last night. the center of this thing was red and tube shaped. Then it had these tentacles which where almost clear. Kinda like the legs of urchins, stretched on the glass and it can move pretty fast.. It was creepy looking to say the least. I've searched all over the dang place and can't find anything.

This is the best pic I could get of the second description. It's just above the zoa's with a red center and a longer white tube shaped body. The arms or legs where stretched out and stuck to the glass. Looked like they may of had suction cups on them. In the pic the blurry mess in what I'm talking about.. LOL sorry best I could do.

DSCN0678.jpg

The strands that are in the rocks sound like spaghetti worms.

The red thing looks like some sort of feather duster?? Does it look at all like that?

I can see why you would say that looking at the pic.

Doesn't look like a feather duster to me. It had maybe 20 arms that moved it around. Unless feather dusters have something like that.

Back