ID please!!

eveningstar15

Reefing newb
I have a 29 gallon biocube. This morning I found this in one of the back chambers. Does anyone know what it is?? Is it good or bad????

Attachments

• 20131005_120010_LLS.jpg
    20131005_120010_LLS.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 20131005_120027_LLS.jpg
    20131005_120027_LLS.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 296
  • 20131005_120041_LLS.jpg
    20131005_120041_LLS.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 311
  • 20131005_120053_LLS.jpg
    20131005_120053_LLS.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 300
Looks like an aiptasia to me (although it's kind of hard to tell from a top-down shot).

They're bad guys. You don't want him in your tank.

Looks like an aiptasia to me (although it's kind of hard to tell from a top-down shot).

They're bad guys. You don't want him in your tank.

I got it out of my tank...I put it in a container until I could figure out what it was. Do you think my pom pom crab dropped one of his poms? I tried to find him to see if he still had both but he is hiding.

I got it out of my tank...I put it in a container until I could figure out what it was. Do you think my pom pom crab dropped one of his poms? I tried to find him to see if he still had both but he is hiding.

My pompom dropped one of his pompoms about a year ago and it has continued to live in my tank. It doesn't look anything like yours - mine actually has a double set of tentacles, one set of longer tenacles in the center, and a second set of pseudotentacles around the outside that are bulb-shaped. Yours is definitely aiptasia, unless it has any sort of skeletal structure to it, then it could be a dendro polyp. How did you get it out of your tank? Was it attached to the live rock, or glass?

My pompom dropped one of his pompoms about a year ago and it has continued to live in my tank. It doesn't look anything like yours - mine actually has a double set of tentacles, one set of longer tenacles in the center, and a second set of pseudotentacles around the outside that are bulb-shaped. Yours is definitely aiptasia, unless it has any sort of skeletal structure to it, then it could be a dendro polyp. How did you get it out of your tank? Was it attached to the live rock, or glass?

It was floating in the back chamber of my biocube....it wasn't really attached to anything...it was real easy to get out....but since I have put it in the container, it is now attached to the container

Back