ID possible star?

poolshark181

Reefing newb
wow, i stared at my algae blenny forever todaym to see if he'd eat, and saw some weird things i hadnt seen before. please id them! =]

this is a possible star, i first noticed it when my biggest turbo snail was sitting still on one of my centerpiece rocks. there were several thin tentacle like appendages surrounding it, with the appendages looking a bit like tiny feet, centipede style. i lifted the turbo to see what was under it and the critter darted under the overhang so fast i didnt even see what it was.
P1020294.JPG

this is just something random growing, wondering if it's good or not.
P1020285.JPG

featherduster?
P1020282.JPG

several long thin white tentacles reaching out from this little hole, curious what it is.

P1020280.JPG

this is also under the overhang where the star darted to.
P1020297.JPG

thanks guys!

Last edited:
I cant really see the pic, but if they are white, long flexable legs, and in the rocks I would bet they are mini brittle stars, which are good for your tank.

I agree the first is a small brittlestar,the third a feather duster worm(tube worm) and last looks like a sponge.The rest,not sure.I've seen the second one but don't remember what it was.They all look reef safe to me.

ok that makes sense, because the guy i bought these rocks from had like, 1 huge serpent star, and 1 medium. i guess i got lucky and they had babies in the rock =]

probably some type of serpent star.. also i can see a feder duster or tube worm...2 pic macro algae??..by the way, the color of the rock is awsome,that coraline is gonna spread nicely..

Back