ID these Zoas and question

Discussion in 'Identification' started by Nonfamous, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Nonfamous

Nonfamous

First the question:

I have a nice stripped green mushroom colony. It looks great. It has been in the exact same spot on the sand since I bought it. However, it is nearly covering the whole rock its on. That rock is about 5" x 3". 9 or 10 good mushrooms. I would like to have it grow more. Should I move it so it can expand onto the existing rock-work or should I place another rock near it?

Now the ID: (Best shot I could get)

What are these top to bottom?

[​IMG]

Nonfamous, Jul 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Nonfamous

bjohanson1234 .........

For the mushrooms, I would just take a sharp razor blade and frag them. Just cut them off at the stem and then loosely attach them to another rock with some netting. The stems will grow new mushrooms and the tops will attach to the new rock.

bjohanson1234, Jul 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Nonfamous

beeguiles they call me fish geek ;p

I would just put another rock next to the mushroom rock and they will spread. If you put it on th rockwork they may spread more than you'd like.

Zoas look like watermelons on top and green radioactive dragon eyes on bottom?

beeguiles, Jul 25, 2012
  4. Nonfamous

Nonfamous

Okay, those two names sound right. I just couldn't remember. How about the zoa/palyo above the Zoas?

Thanks for the info on the mushrooms. Think I'll find a suitable piece of rock. They are one of the few things in the tank that has never been touched since I introduced them and they are doing real well. Wanna keep it that way!

Nonfamous, Jul 25, 2012
  5. Nonfamous

RockStacker

That is what I did to my mushrooms when I had them. Just place some small rocks around the colony and they should naturally expand onto the rocks.

RockStacker, Jul 25, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question