iDad's 20 Gallon Long FOWLR Tank

Yeah, I agree. But I was not with my wife when she got it though. So, kind of stuck with it. She wanted a fish that closely resembled Dory since we couldnt have a blue tang with this tank. So....yeah....Just know that the two of us, are in agreeance, lol.

question, if I got a zooanthid, I was looking at the candyapples. Would I have to worry about them over running my tank? I hear a lot about different things over running tanks and I just want to make sure I don't set myself up for failure because eventually I would like to have a variety of different things.

If you're looking to stay away from stuff that takes over tanks, I'd stay away from Xenia and Green/White star polyps. I got mine a couple of months ago, and i've already had to rip pieces off the matt and give them away. They grow pretty quickly lol. Zoas are good, if you get a small frag on a plug or rock, just stick it next to the rock you want them to grow on, and over time they'll spread to it

Obviously yes, I know that is a snail, haha. But the white squigglies that are growing on the rock, can someone identify that for me and tell me if it is good or bad for my tank?

I did some research and you can barely see the white sesame seed things in the upper right hand corner of the picture, I read that those are snail eggs. I just do not know what the squiggly things are. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

1000052_4936956191479_562482420_n.jpg

Oh...and I finally added some mushrooms, tell me what you guys think or how you can see they are doing.

7163_4936955111452_485045619_n.jpg

Tank looks good! Just saw this thread and wanted to view what a fellow recent aquarist was up to :) ...and for the record, I know this is against all advice, EVERYONE is shocked when I tell them, that I have a blue damsel and he is incredibly docile...as a matter of fact, my clowns will scare him off if he comes to close to them. He doesn't even bother my incredibly skittish Firefish Goby...I guess the point is, sometimes it's the personality more than the breed. While my damsel is passive, I had a dottyback that was a complete beeatch...had to return her to the LFS she was so abusive to everything I put in the tank.

Mushrooms are looking good bud. :)

Also Mike, Dottybacks are known for being overly aggressive, just like damsels are. If I'm not mistaken, Damsels increase in aggression as they get older (I think that's the case with most fish as well). So, the older it gets, the less docile it will be. Then again, Clowns are a species of Damsel. So, it's not too surprising that they can hold their own :p

Mushrooms are looking good bud. :)

Also Mike, Dottybacks are known for being overly aggressive, just like damsels are. If I'm not mistaken, Damsels increase in aggression as they get older (I think that's the case with most fish as well). So, the older it gets, the less docile it will be. Then again, Clowns are a species of Damsel. So, it's not too surprising that they can hold their own :p

Ah, well that explains the Dotty then. Meanwhile, I recently added some new base rock to seed (just a few pounds), and as a result the Damsel has spent all day digging a new hidey hole under a different rock (I shaded his old rock a bit with the new BR). Every so often you just see big wafts of sand kicking out from under the rock...so fortunately he hasn't grown aggressive yet. But I will watch out for that, and not put anymore goby-like passive fish in the tank.

He thanks guys!

My Blue Damsel so far isn't showing any signs of aggression but I keep my eye on her! I see it playing with the clownfish all the time so it seems to be a good match for the moment! I thought the mushrooms looked good and you can even see a little one starting to grow next to the one on top but I wanted to get someone else opinion. I bought a live rock from my LFS a few weeks ago that was covered in coralline algae, and I am beginning to see it rub off on a few of the other rocks that I got. So, cool beans there.

I just bought 25,000K FluVal Marine & Reef LED's from PetCo, has anyone used these or heard anything about them?

I was cleaning my tank yesterday and noticed that the seal looks like there is water coming between the seal and the tank, so it looks like I may upgrade to a 29 gallon here in the next few weeks. I think I may wait on the 125 gallon until I find out exactly where we are going to be living since we move a little more then normal people do.

But when I get it all in order, I will make a tank build thread.

A little tank update.

My 20 Gallon Long started leaking a bit so I transferred everything back into my little 10 Gallon tank until the weekend where I plan on getting a bigger tank.

During one of the many times throughout the day that I look at my tank I noticed a couple hitchikers on the rock the mushrooms are growing on. Now, one of the hitchikers is a little baby Feather Duster. You will see that one quite easy. But take a look below the feather duster, I am unable to identify what that is so I am hoping one of you will be able to.

Attachments

• feather duster.jpg
    feather duster.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 405
Back