ideas for a sps coral

Any of the Acros are gonna be more tempermental.
Montis are give up to be the easiest SPS to keep(even though I can keep one over a week).Hydnophora is another good one.

top coral, ORA green birdsnest, is an extremely easy coral. technically hydnophora isn't an SPS coral if you judge by the particular type of skeleton it has, which is more like LPS coral. the big confusion is that the terms SPS and LPS are made up hobby terms. I'm just rambling now...

represent my state with an Idaho grape montipora!

Frags097.jpg

James those green corals (in your first post of this thread) are beautiful. I had one once and the coloring was beautiful. The contrast of colors is very eye catching. Unfortunately I was not successful.

Go for that Green Birdsnest. Mine grows like a weed and has great polyp extension/colors! Can't go wrong IMHO

I liked starting out with a Pocillipora Dammicornis. I pretty much killed it and nursed it back to life. Main thing I liked was that if it was angry, it was really easy to tell because all the polyps are so well defined that you can see from across the room if they're detracted. Same thing with that Stylo though, I've seen that variety be very very forgiving at my LFS.

Great Choices! I love the coloring and they will all go nicely together yet they don't all look the same like a lot of the acros and montis start to. Don't forget the pics!

Back