Ideas for stocking a 150!

AnthonyTheNewbie

Reef enthusiast
I need some help deciding on some fish for my new 150!

As it stands, these are the fish I'll have going into the tank already.

1x Hippo Tang (3.5-4")
2x Onyx Perculas (3/4-1")
1x Engineer Goby (10")

I'd like two other tangs, and two wrasses.

As far as tangs go, these are the ones I'm interested in:

Chevron Tang (Pricey, but I love the way it looks)
White Tail Bristletooth Tang (Also love the way this one looks)
Naso/Blonde Naso (Depends on which one my wholesaler has on hand and size/prices)
Achilles Tang (Don't think I should do this one. Only way I'd do it if it was only this tang, and possibly the hippo.)

As far as Wrasses go, so far the one I'm interested in is:

Leopard Wrasse (Would wait till 6months-1year before adding it).

Any suggestions on cool fish and things that would be compatible, or even thoughts on the fish I listed are greatly appreciated. No sand sifting fish though. I'll be putting corals on the sand bed and don't want them getting covered up.

I added a lunar wrasse to my 265 and love that guy. It's colorful and zips all over the place.
Lunar wrasses are great, with the exception that they eat small fish and grow to 11". At 11" a 3.5" clown would look very small. So, no thanks on that one, appreciate the input though! :)

My foxface never messed with my corals...they mostly eat algae like tangs but will eat Mysis or whatever

they have awesome personalities

attachment.php

attachment.php

Harlequin Tusk will go after small fish and shrimp? Are you cool with that? I love them but I love my shrimp more. I really like my Orange Should Tang, Fox Face, Koran Angel (leaves coral alone) and Read Sea Sail Fin Tang. All have loads of personality and some of them will take food from my hand. Not real fond of Six Line Wrasse. But only because I want other wrasse.

Back