Identification Help.. Bryopsis Algae?

Old_Moe

Reefing newb
I spent a bit of time on various sites and I think this is Bryopsis Algae, but I am not sure. It seems to be spreading quick.

Water conditions ( btw, new tank 75g, 2 clowns added last Sat )

Salinity: 1.025
Temp: 75.0
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: 5ppm
High Range Ph: 8.1

Thank you very much!!!!

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

Is this Green Coralline Algae? or is this more trouble? some spots have little clear bubbles on it.

IMG_8171.jpg

I have algae in my tank that looks similar, and I'm unsure if it's a macro algae or bryopsis...but I noticed my turbo snails mow thru it with ease, so get yourself a few of those if you haven't already gotten yourself a cuc.

thanks.

I have 5 turbos and they dont seem to be touching the stuff. I have been manually removing it, but it seems to be spreading fast. Trying to take care of it before it really becomes a problem.

so you are thinking that the green shoots are Aptasia? I definately was not leaning in that direction. hmm. I am very new and still learning.

yes, completely out of my tank. ( knock on wood )

I used a combination of pulling them out by hand and bumping up my Magnesium levels using Tech M for a couple of weeks ( rest turned brown and disappeared ). I was lucky, not much in my tank at the time, so I was limited with collateral damage.

Good luck... everything I read about it.. it's a pain in the ass to get rid of.

Glad you are over it :D
I don't have much in the tank either, and this live rock has been sitting in some very nutrient rich water in my sister's basement for a couple years. It has all kinds of surprises, good and bad! LOL The astraeas are doing a good job and there should be very limited nutrients in the water for it to feed off of. No fish in the tank yet, but I am dying to get my Midas Blenny!!! :P

Back