identification please

OceanCrazy1

Reefing newb
my bro got me to change my 55g aquarium from fresh water to saltwater reef.
At first when i was a little worried when i saw the different in cost but i got to love it cause its amazing. Now i just want to identify my corals/anemone so i can get to know more about maintaining each individual one.
Thanks in advance.
here are pics of them

Attachments

• IMG_1218.jpg
    IMG_1218.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1219.jpg
    IMG_1219.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1220.jpg
    IMG_1220.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_1222.JPG
    IMG_1222.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_1221.jpg
    IMG_1221.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC01228.JPG
    DSC01228.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC01233.JPG
    DSC01233.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 298
I know the first one is a red gargonian i have one as well, judging by the polyp colour it is non-photo synth, will need spot feeding alot. and the 8th one from left to right is a toadstool. Thats all i got for ya. haha

I know the first one is a red gargonian i have one as well, judging by the polyp colour it is non-photo synth, will need spot feeding alot. and the 8th one from left to right is a toadstool. Thats all i got for ya. haha

ok i got which one but how do i spot feed it and what does it eat..Thanks lots once again

To feed mine, i cut the bottom of a 1 litre pop bottle off, i place it over the coral and spray in a mixture of cyclopese shrimp (i think they are called) tiny little things with phtyo plankton and some mysis shrimp. I use a turkey baster to spray it in and leave the hole plugged with the baster for a good 1/2 hr 45 mins so it doesnt spread all out and reak havoc on your water quality. On mine the polyps tend to come out at night the most so thats when i feed. As for the toadstool, i dont feed mine anything. Filter feeder.

Last edited:
To feed mine, i cut the bottom of a 1 litre pop bottle off, i place it over the coral and spray in a mixture of cyclopese shrimp (i think they are called) tiny little things with phtyo plankton and some mysis shrimp. I use a turkey baster to spray it in and leave the hole plugged with the baster for a good 1/2 hr 45 mins so it doesnt spread all out and reak havoc on your water quality. On mine the polyps tend to come out at night the most so thats when i feed. As for the toadstool, i dont feed mine anything. Filter feeder.

Thanks a lot, You are very helpful, now i just need to know about the others. :)

The second one is also a non-photosynthetic one, maybe a carnation tree coral - check out pics on live aquaria of non-photosynthetic corals to see if it matches any of them. 4th picture looks like an open brain to me, but not exactly sure which species of brain.

The second one is also a non-photosynthetic one, maybe a carnation tree coral - check out pics on live aquaria of non-photosynthetic corals to see if it matches any of them. 4th picture looks like an open brain to me, but not exactly sure which species of brain.

thanks a lot you have been very helpful, i hope i will be able to keep them all safe especially the non-photosynthetic corals cause i don't have a clue about feeding process.

#1 is named by Washburn
#2 Fishyreef has you covered
#3 appears to be a Cabbage Leather
#4 Open Brain Coral
#5 same Open Brain and what looks like off colored GSP
#6 GSP
#7 Common Yellow Polyps
#8 Toodstool Leather
#9 Might be an Elegance Coral
#10 looks like a Hairy Mushroom
and #11, I can't really tell what it is.

Thanks a lot for the help, u were of much help. i was told from the pet store that #9 was an anemone and #10 moves around, so does #11. does a Hairy Mushroom move, ive seen it move quickly.

thanks a lot and u certainly got #9 right, the tomato clown fish had hosted it, andi looked at picutre of sebae and it looks very much the same. You could be right about #10 and #11 too.i've seen #11eat a piece of shrimp i fed it. thanks again cause u have been ver helpful

Back