identify ich for me?!?!

Thanks for replying! Yeah that's the spot. I'm just new to this and freak out about certain things and try to get as much feed back and research I can before I act upon it. I'm gonna check him out when I get home and if its worse then I was told to give him a 2 min freshwater(rodI) dip.

Ich looks like salt sprinkled on your fish. That doesn't really look like ich to me (from that picture).

Also, 40 gallons isn't really big enough for a foxface. You should consider rehoming him.

That I do understand. I only planned on keeping him for a few. I got him to tackle crazy hair algae outbreak I had. I think I'll be a bit upset when I do. he was my first fish :/. what size tank would you suggest for him cause I was told I could keep him for about a year then would have to consider other options. He's probably about 2.5 to 3 in now.

45 isn't big enough either. These guys need at least 125 gallons. Even at a small size being in a three foot tank (I assume you have a 40 breeder) can be very stressful for them. If it is actually ich, the fact that he's in a small tank is what I would pin it on.

Agree with above. That's is NOT ich and do NOT dip him.
If anything he is stressed and that will only make it worse.

Awesome deal and thank you! At least I have some kind of positive feed back on that. He is still very small at this moment and will find him a new home as he gets bigger. Its hard to know exactly what to do when you read so much different stuff too.

The reason they need a bigger tank is because they need a lot of swimming room. It doesn't really have anything to do with how big the fish is currently. Good luck with him.

Back