Identify this crab

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I have had this big guy since my 45g days. He just grew and grew and grew. Anyway, I always found him annoying....until today....it would seem he ate my aiptaisia! I went out and got some Joe's Juice today to kill this one aiptasia that appeared a week or so ago. I came home, it seemed to have either moved or a new one popped up above where it used to be. While I was filling the syringe, I turned around, and this crab was on top of it! I watched it and it seemed to be quickly picking at the spot where the aiptasia was! I'm keeping an eye open but it might be gone! So he's now my new best friend, if he did eat it :) Now I'd like to know what he is. This guy's gettin' some new shells this weekend!!!!

smDSC1697.jpg

_DSC2593_500x318.jpg

Haha! Go buy him some grocery store shrimp! He's just a big hermit. I had one for a long time (Claude). He died during the kalk overdose after being in my tank for 5 years. I was soooo sad.

Yeah, the dood popped back out, so I squired him with Joe's Juice :D Freaked a bit when it just left a big white splat spot on the rock, which Biffers assured me was normal :D

He wasn't an aiptasia eater after all, but looks like the aiptasia ducked into its li'l crevice before the crab could get to him. I'll see today if joe's juice worked on the li'l sucker!

On a dive the other day I was searching for grouper in a hole. I looked back and there was the biggest hermit ever. It was as big as a basketball. It was in a huge conch shell.

Back