If I Had The Money........

Samhain

Satin, Lace, and Sequins
Mauritius Gem Tang. What a stunning fish..............
GemTang.jpg

There are certainly some others as well! Like the RCT Hybrid Dwarf Angel.
RCTHybridAngel.jpg

Or a Peppermint Angel
PeppermintAngel.jpg

And of course, the Conspicuous Angel too. Those are just gorgeous.
ConspicuousAngel.jpg

Oh the reef I would build if I had an unlimited budget......but unfortunately, I believe they will continue to be well out of my price range for the rest of my foreseeable lifetime.

Man, i have a problem spending over $50 on a fish.
Cause theres just no guarantee the darn thing is going to survive long term!
Gorgeous tang though.

Me too. There are a few exceptions to that rule, but for the most part, I'm reefing on a budget, and I just can't afford to sink a ton of money into something that may die the next day. At least with coral there's usually a slow decline and a possible resuscitation, but with a fish, quite often it's doing great until it's not, and then it's dead with little or no warning. And even if there is warning, it's often more stressful on the fish to capture, quarantine, and treat, and the poor thing ends up dying anyway..........

I love that tang, it's so awesome looking! I know I know I'm wrasse crazy but this is my favorite expensive fish

Male
Anampses_femininus1.jpg

Female
6651019751_77f8b10263_z.jpg

I want a peppermint angel too.

Don't want to spend the $20k for it though. Would rather have another car. :mrgreen:

I think a pair of wrasse (wrasse or wrasses or wrassi? LOL) will be going into the cube, but Im sure those are out of my price range ;). I love that gem tang!!! One of my favorites is a Clown Trigger
Clown-Trigger-Fish.png

If I ever have an aggressive, fish only tank.....

I think it is, but the females come with a thousand dollar price tag. I haven't even seen a male for sale ever.

Reef safe?

They're with caution only because they may go after shrimp, crabs, and snails. But, that's a common issue with a lot of wrasses.

I think it is, but the females come with a thousand dollar price tag. I haven't even seen a male for sale ever.

I've only seen a male for sale once (Diver's Den sold a pair a while back), but, you could always buy two females and wait for one to turn to male :Cheers:

I agree I also want those wrasse! That is if they are larger that 6'

However if I had the money I would get a Japanese moray eel

The most I've ever spent on a fish was $140, I think. Twice (for two different fish). Those were by far the two most favorite fish I've ever had! Like others here, that's a really tough price tag to swallow, let alone spending thousands! I'm content to just look at pictures of the really expensive ones. :)

I almost pulled the trigger on a $350 Achilles Tang / Gold Rim Tang Hybrid, but I slept on it and and came to the conclusion that the normal Achilles tang looked better, and while not cheap, it was cheaper than the $350

That was the most expensive fish I had ever considered purchasing. When I first started stocking I wanted one of the black Zebrasoma's but locally here they're going for $900 + which is insane

Back