If I Had The Money........

Most i spent was for my lionfish, and he only had a 135$ price tag. But when you consider we built up the 55 gallon for him he suddenly becomes much more expensive lol

I love the Gem tang..........and the long nose black tang but the Gem is a mile out of my price range and even the $600 price tag I've saw a black tang go for here in Canada is a bit too steep for me. I agree with the others that its hard to swallow such a huge cost for something you may not even get to drop in the tank while its still alive. I have some expensive(online prices) tangs in my tank with a Chevron($200+), Fowleri($200+), pale lipped($200+), Maculiceps($180+). Some would be higher priced due to their size as my Fowleri is about 5"+, Chevron is about 4.5", Maculiceps is about 6". From what I found online, the prices I gave are for 3" or so specimens and costs rise with fish size. I'm sure some places have better prices based on availability, but here in Ontario, Canada right now a 3" chevron is going for $300, a 3" fowleri is $250.

The Chevron is one of those bizarre ones that actually goes down in price as it ages. When it's a brightly colored juvenile, the price is a good $50-$100 higher than after its colors start to fade to the adult coloration. So the larger it is with the juvenile coloration, the higher the price, but it drops like a stone as soon as that color changes.

for me its this a goldflake angelfish $399.99-$499.99

I myself have a problem spending over $35-$40 on a fish or any live stock

p-36852-goldflake-angel.jpg

Last edited:
What is PIA?

My "if I had the money" would be (1) a much larger aquarium so that I could actually house the fish I want; (2) a fowleri tang, a tamarin wrasse pair, a lightening maroon clown pair (that is if they are ever successfully bred), a goldflake angel, and many others that I can't think of off the top of my head; (3) enough money to buy or raise a constant supply of coral to feed a Meyer's butterfly, and (4) enough money to successfully house, feed, and keep healthy a CBB and a Moorish Idol.

:)

Oh, and that Gem tang is stunning! I saw it the other day when it came out in the DD and was totally enthralled!

Last edited:
What is PIA?

My "if I had the money" would be (1) a much larger aquarium so that I could actually house the fish I want; (2) a fowleri tang!

I have a Fowleri tang for sale if you're ever in Ontario, Canada. I actually have 3 right now. Have one in my 300g and I just picked up 2 off a local reefer shutting down his tank. Sold one to a friend @ work and have 1 left I'm looking to sell.

Last edited:
Would love one, but my tank is only a 90g and has a ways to mature before I add a tang :)

But I think their coloration is absolutely stunning!

No worries, I just threw it out there. To be honest, I didn't even pay attention to your tank stats, I just read your reply and tossed that out there. Lol

Back