If it is best to kill them, I will, please tell me I need to....

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
When I first got my zoos, they had about 4 aiptasia polyps. My LFS guy gave me Gilgamesh and Enkido (2 peppermint shrimp). The shrimp ate 3 of the small polyps and one new one that had sprouted in a new spot. Now, I've got one big polyp in the middle of my zoos. It's been there for a few weeks. I got a syringe, lemon juice and I'm ready to go. But I hate to kill the thing. Aren't my shrimps going to take care of this for me????? Also, I hate to pull the red bubble algae off my one rock. It is really a problem. I do want to keep a variety of corals and if this is a weed that will choke out my corals I'll do it. Tell me to do this!!!! Thanks, Catherine

the bubble agea is bad i would try to pull it off but don't pop any bubbles they will spread the aitasia is not that bad if they are multipling i would hit them with the neddle i just use really hot water in ti though

both as for the bubble alage just grab it and rock it back and forth until it comes loose dont break it open because it will release thousands of spores in to the water.

your peps wont eat the big ones so you gotta kill the big ones, peps are better at eating the smaller ones and preventing ones from growing

I stabbed my aiptasia. Not fun. The bubble algae was all over 3 rocks. I tried to get them off but there were so many and as soon as you touched them, they popped. I pulled the rocks out of the aquarium and put them in a bucket to do it. Then I scrubbed it with this rock scrub stuff and rinsed. Still, there's red bubble goo in there. I changed the water. I got lemon juice in my aquarium, didn't rinse the rocks good because I didn't have enough water and got squirted by a zoo. Now my tank is full of chemicals, bubble goo and lemon juice. I did manage to move JoJo away from The Shroom. I also moved a lot of the rocks around and they're in a better spot. I siphoned a bunch of the charcoal out and pulled some hair algae off my skimmer spout. Lots to learn about this hobby. I sure hope this process get's easier as you do it.

you need to be careful around zoas there chemical spray is very dangerous and poisonous. and get you some emerald crabs, they will make quick work of bubble algae

I was warned about the zoos before. My hand was bare but it squirted at me instead of on me. I moved my hand away pretty quick. Hopefully diluted zoo juice isn't harmful. Guess I'll know in an hour or so.

I bought 3 emeralds for the bubble algea I had and They wiped it out in a couple days!! Good luck. I just had to kill an aiptasia too. It was in my fuge attached to my cheato algea. It's GONE now!!

It gets easier as the tank matures.But you've still got the worse of algaes to go.Cyano is the 2nd worse,hair algae will drive you crazy.
But all just part of the process.

Back