Im a noobie :)

Ashna

Reefing newb
Hello, im new to the site and semi new to salt water fishy tanks. i do have a 50 gallon salt water tank with about 20lbs of live rock, one cleaner shrimp (shirmpy his name) a fire scallop (harry clam burger is his name) and a royal gramma (nameless) having a fish tank is my hobby. i started with a 15 gallon bio cube and just upgraded to the 50 gallon. i do have a few questions tho lol and hope to learn alot more from everyone here :)

Welcome to site and ask away!

But you should have around 1-2 lbs of rock per gallon, so i would add some dry rock to your existing rock.

im adding rock slowly bcuz i find alot of weird looking things in there lol im assuming there pods but now there likes white fuzzy looking things growing on is so until i figure out what it is im not adding anything

awesome thank you :) also one more question. i have these little white things all over the glass of my tank and my rock. when i look close enough there swirl shaped. have any idea what those could be?

Welcome to the site, I think I have those same little white worms on some old equipment that I inherited, they are all dried up and cover the inside of an old ten gal that must have been used for sump. Wasn't sure if they needed to be cleaned out before using again, who knows they could have come back to life...lol

lol well i been affraid to stick my hands in there to whipe anything off since i watched the guy at the store i buy my rock from get stung by something. needless to say i didnt buy any rock that day. but now i see alot of critters and i dont wanna get stung. ive been slowly identifying all of them lol. but i just bought another 10lbs of rock this morning so hopefully not to many hitchhikers

lol when i turn my lights on in the morning it looks like a million little aquatic cockroachs scattering to get inside the rocks lol i have ALOT of highhikers and unknown pods and bugs :)

Back