I'm about to get 33 corals

Solarfall

Totally Gnar
Yeah, seriously. 33 high-end corals and 3 inverts (a red linkia, tuxedo urchin, and some kind of cucumber). And guess what I'm paying? $275.

I wanted to wait til I had them so I could just post with pics outright, but I'm just way too stoked.

14 of them are various exotic zoos and palys. I don't remember all of the names obviously, but I know there's armor of gods, purple people eaters, whammin watermelons, and a big colony of ice blue palys. There's no junk brown turd zoas or anything, all good stuff. Some are frags with around 10-15 polyps, some are full colonies.

There's also a big red and green welso (like $100 retail at least?), a frag of about 12 heads of acans, and 3 or 4 smaller frags of SPS. I know there's a birds of paradise and a mille of some sort in there.

Basically, a friend from work had a pretty bad tank crash due to a temp spike and lost all his fish and most of his SPS. He's too frustrated to continue and I'm reaping the rewards. He got all his stuff transported to a safe tank so I don't have to worry about it dying over night or anything.

I'll be picking this up either tomorrow or Monday depending on how our scheduels pan out, but I'm PUMPED. Although I don't know where I'm gonna put all this stuff, I don't think I even have 33 corals now.

Nice. I hope you are thinking carefully about placement, sweeper tentacle length, light and flow. With that many corals there could be a lot to consider.

I was super busy today and didn't get a chance to meet up with that guy. Guess I'll have to wait til monday.

But if anyone's looking for frags (mostely zoos and palys) in the Lehigh Valley PA area I'll definetly be doing some fragging once I get these.

Haha they're here! My preciouses...
I don't know what the actualy total coral count came out to but it seems like about 30. I also got a clam which I'll prolly need help IDing and he forgot the other inverts... I'll have those tomorrow. But here's my box of treasures:
treasure.jpg

And here's a shot of before I put all these in

BeforeMonstercoralboost.jpg

I'll post an after shot when I have all these guys dipped and in the tank, and the clam dripped.

Can anyone attempt an ID on this clam? It's not a great pic because it's not under any good lighting. Also whether it belongs on the substrate or a rock?

newclam.jpg

EDIT: Nevermind, I did a little research and figured out it's a Squamosa. Substrate dweller.

Last edited:
It's a T. derasa clam.

The shell is too smooth,congrats.I have one on the sand with a flat rock under it so it's foot isn't grabbing the bottom of the tank.

Here's some of the zoos that I've gotten in and have opened up:

zoos2.jpg

zoos1.jpg

zoos3.jpg

Hairy shrooms:
Hairyshrooms.jpg

Acans that are getting better looking by the minute:
acans-1.jpg

Pavona
pavona.jpg

Welso is slowly but surely inflating
Welso.jpg

And a Chalice! There's about five eyes and it's turquoise with red eyes. ID anyone?
chalice.jpg

hah I'm gonna say about half of these corals are zoos. He said it was a mix of zoos and palys but I have yet to see any palys. He also gave me back a frag of eagle eyes that I sold him a few weeks ago, but it's about triple the size.

In the SPS department, there's 2 monti caps, the birds of paradise, the pavona(assuming that's SPS), and what looks like a red monti digi, although it's hard to tell at the size of the frag.

There's also a big colony of clove polyps. Very cool looking but taking forever to completely open.

Back