I'm Alec

Alec

Reefing newb
Basically I'm looking for a good saltwater forum site. I used to be a member on forums.saltwaterfish.com until everytime I had a question they were being douchebags and trying to act like they were geniuses and I was an idiot. But I do own a 55 gallon predator tank with a moray eel, a miniatus grouper, a volitan lionfish and a picasso triggerfish. and if this site and its members are any better than the last one, I shall post on here often when I need help, or something simple like showcasing. Thanks guys!

Hard to say. Were they giving you trouble about having those kinds of fish in a 55? (like a 125+)

That's way overstocked, and all of those animals need a much larger tank.

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have your aboard. I hope you enjoy your stay here, the members aren't anal or ignorant like many other sites, but we sometimes will show a strong concern (in your favor) if we see something wrong. Feel free to ask questions and/or concerns, that's why we are here.

Welcome to the reef

Try not to take advice as people being douche bags but maybe they know something you dont and you are trying to learn. there will be things you know that others dont and things you still need to learn so try to learn and not just be defensive.

Hope you enjoy the site

Thank you everyone! And I appreciate the concern about the too small tank, I take good care of them. All 4 are very healthy and hardy, and I clean the tank/do water changes often.

That is very admirable of you, but all the love in the world doesnt make up for the fact they need a bigger tank

I understand and appreciate concern, really I do, but as of now they are doing great with no problems and the water levels are fine. When they get bigger I plan to get a bigger tank.

welcome to the site,i think it would help if you mentioned the size of these fish,to help with the several concerned people here,just a thought

If i crammed you in a closet for several years you could survive with food and water, you would even continue to grow. That doesn't mean its an acceptable living condition. Many people say I will get a bigger tank when they grow bigger, but the fact is a small fish may still require the room to swim and grow. I might also add levels dont matter, I can cram 40 fish in a 75 and keep the levels fine, that doesnt mean the fish are going to survive.

Regardless of that situation, welcome to the site hope you find information and others to share this hobby with.

If i crammed you in a closet for several years you could survive with food and water, you would even continue to grow. That doesn't mean its an acceptable living condition. Many people say I will get a bigger tank when they grow bigger, but the fact is a small fish may still require the room to swim and grow. I might also add levels dont matter, I can cram 40 fish in a 75 and keep the levels fine, that doesnt mean the fish are going to survive.

They all have good swimming room. My tank is 3feet wide, and 2 feet tall and they're all small babies, I'll post a picture soon and a picture of all the fish so you know what I'm working with.

Back