Im already worried,need advice

Justinthereefer

this is bat country
I just put in a yellow tang i got from a trusted store,he was in a low salinity tank with copper in it.I acclimated him very slow over about an hour and a half.as soon as i put him in i notice around his jaw and behind his eyes were lighter than the rest of him,but he is super bright yellow everywhere else with no spots and his fins are perfect.that was two days ago and now i woke up this morning and notice his eyes are slightly foggy but he is still swimming all through my rocks and grazing constantly.what should i do if anything,thankyou Justin.

What was the salinity it was in and what is the salinity in your tank?

Also, what are you level?

As far as I know, you are supposed to treat with either hypo OR copper, not both. Not sure if that would be the cause of your problem or not.

+1 BJ, tangs are very sensitive to stress. It could be a combination of the treatments he went through at your LFS and the move to your tank stressed him out. Just make sure to put an algae sheet in for him every other day and feed him some mysis and krill a few times a week. As long as he's eating he should be able to pull through

the salinity of the store was at 1.019 and mine is at 1.025.PH=8.4,Calcium=420,KH(alkalinity)=10,ammonia=0,nitrite=0,nitrate=0.I just took these readings,my PH was a little low it was down to 8.0 but i dosed and brought it back to normal.Could that have caused the eyes to cloud.

You don't need to dose for pH if yours is at 8, that's a fine reading mine is steady at 7.8. It's still early in the day too, I bet if you hadn't dosed and measured your pH again right before the lights go off it would be closer to 8.4.

But, to answer your question, it's totally possible but, I think the eyes clouding over is more due to the stress he's been through over the past few days.

1.019 ,is not considered hypo,so they may have been running copper ..BJ is right though,never do hypo and copper together....if your salinity is 1.025 and the YT was used to being in 1.019 thats a pretty big change for it.Even with the hour and a half acclimating...i think he'll be fine though...good luck

Back