I'm back from vacation!

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
And everything that was alive before I left is still alive! Even the pieces I rescued from the 50G I picked up are doing great! I left pretty simple instructions with a friend on what to feed and how often to dose and it looks like everything came out fine!

My octopus HOB skimmer is in, first impressions......huge! Wayyyy bigger than the aquaC, and the acrylic is way thicker and more solid. Other than that, alot of parts. I'll give everyone an update after I got it up and running.

Looks like my algae problems are finally going away for now, tank is clear and looking better than it has in months!

Now the bad news. The only thing I added since my last fatality in March was a Golden head goby. About a month ago, it looked like my purple firefish (goby) was starving to death, all sucked in in the gut. He eventually died a few weeks back. Now my golden head is looking the exact same way. His gut is all sucked in and he ain't looking good. All my other fish are fine, and have been for ages, but it seems gobys aren't happy in my tank.

Other than that, my tank is finally looking like I always hoped it would, and thats got me feeling fine!

Welcome back from vacation!Sleeper gobies are the larger sand sifting gobies.If they aren't eating frozen prior than they tend to starve after they finish off the fauna in the sandbed.

he eats both sifting and frozen no problem, so did the purple. I don't really think they are starving, it just looks that way. Then they croak

Back