I'm Back!

hotimportknight

New! Big Tank Club!
After a long break I'm finally back. I need some ideas about what to do with my saltwater hobby. I'm off to college, moved in today. Back home until Sunday, but the landlord will not allow me to have a fish tank over 50 gallons, which I currently have. I honestly don't think its worth all the trouble of dismantling my beautifully established tank and re set it up again 100 miles away only to move home and have to redo it all again in 9 months... So I have 2 friends lined up to come baby sit my tank. I've decided I can't live without any saltwater at all in my house, so I'm taking my 12g nano cube. I need some cool ideas for a fish or 2 for it, what would you guys think would be a cool fun idea to play with a 12 gallon? What are some really cool and fairly affordable small fish that would be happy in a nano? Liveaquaria has a nano section, but nothing really grabs my eye...

Thanks, I missed talking on here. Had a tough summer, ended a 3 year relationship, went through some depression issues, tank suffered a bit, my sea horse died in the established 12g due to it never eating, but the tank is empty now and the live sand and rock is stored in salt water, well the rock is in my sump of my main tank, so it should be good to go, I'm sure not ready for an anemone right away, but the tank only has limited lighting... unless anyone knows how to do a mod on a regular canopy JBL lighted 24 watt Nano cube. I guess I could always pop the top off and hang a pendant or something... What kind of clowns are cool and likely to host in a nem? My false percs never looked at my anemones in my main tank.

So after scoping out live aquaria I remembered I really like the black perc clowns... My friends black clowns host his frogspawn, does that mean that they are likely to host an anemone in my tank? or does it vary greatly from fish to fish?

I've always loved lionfish too, think I could pull off a small fuzzy dwarf if I happened to drop some financial aid money on a 24g cube? liveaquaria says min 30g. Also with a fuzzy dwarf can you maintain a cleaner crew with out them getting devoured?

I would suggest doing something out of the mainstream normal dime a dozen nano tanks and not put clowns in there. Just seems to be way too many of them out there. The lion idea sounds fun. Didn't you really like your sixline wrasse? You could get a small sixline. Clown gobies freakin rock! I would def get one of those no matter what.

Btw. Glad that your back. Sorry to hear about all your bad events that happened over the summer. Hope things are better.

For some reason its impossible to find nano cubes or any nano tanks on Craigslist. Right now drsF&S have a 24 gallon deluxe with a free stand for like 250$ that might be an option. Does anyone have any experience with dwarf lion fish? I've always been fascinated by them, but never had the tank to try one, due to them eating everything else that isn't a rock from what I understand. And yeah thanks alexander everything is going a lot better now, come to find out I have a wonderful anxiety disorder to go along with everything else, so now that im treating that things have been great.

Welcome back Cory.We missed you around here.
The little fuzzy dwarf lions are cool.Since you'll eventually be taking the tank down in a few months,that'd probably be the best route.

My next question would be which all in 1 is the best in peoples opinion? I might run up to fosters and smith in an hour, they have the Nano cube deluxe (3wpg) on sale for 239$ with a stand and all. Otherwise they have the aqua pod and the Bio Cube.

You? An anxiety disorder? I would have never guessed!!!

I'm sorry to hear about your relationship. Breakups are (usually) always hard to take. But I'm glad to see you back on the site, and also glad to hear that although you're moving, you'll be staying in the hobby.

I don't think I need the halides if I'm going to go with the dwarf lion. But the nem idea would require it. I havnt gotten my student loans and loving money yet so it's a bit restricted by cash flow now (none whatso ever). So I'm thinking the deluxe nano cube or the 29 gallon bio cube or whatever the bigger one is with no stand. A kitchen counter should hold 29g you would think right?

Back