I'm Back!

What is the exact relationship between the pistol shrimp and what ever goby it is? I know I've heard about it at fosters and smith once. That would be something I could do with the 12g and not have to spend the 250$ for a new tank plus more rock on top of that.

There are a lot of other little gobies that pair with pistol shrimps.The little high fin goby is cool and stays right around a 1-1/2".
The shrimp builds and keep the borrow clean,the goby watches out for predators and brings food to the shrimp.

In general, they are called "shrimp gobies" and like Yote said, there are several species that have that symbiotic relationship with the shrimp. The shrimp is blind and the goby helps it out in return for the shrimp doing the housecleaning and keeping the den clean.

I'm drunk 2 hours from my school in the semi-wrong direction. I decided instead of getting books and a student ID I would go drink at another school. I took my 12g and gave up on the 24g in favor of the free 12g I already have and some fun little gobies and pistol shrimp. I watched some videos on youtube of the pistol shrimp and gobies and they seem pretty cool.

the tank is up. I'm drunk. Salinity is on check live rock just went in before I started drinking. The live rock was established for about 6+ months before bringing it. Kept it in a bucket of saltwater until it went in the tank along with the sand. Probably go grab some more cured LR tomorrow and maybe a goby. It should be fine after only a day right?

if its all cured itll be fine, but be cautious with a goby in a brand new tank because unless that sand is old and established then the goby wont find any food in the sand and it will starve to death

Cory Im worried about you do we need to have an intevention? This is three days in a row buddy you ok?

yep I'm alive. First day of class today. Super hectic. My alienware desktop is screwed up and won't even turn on. So no pics for a while. On the trusty old iPhone now. I ended up going the dwarf lion route. He was way too cute to say no to... I know it's a small tank but I'll get him a 29g biocube in a few months once finances straighten out a bit. He seems fine so far. He's pretty small and has plenty of swimming room it seems like even in the 12g nano.

thats why i dont buy alienware computers, too much money to buy on and things go wrong on them, but since it wont turn on its most likely your power supply has died and needs to be replaced

Back