Im bored and need opinions on my tank

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by Fastlight, Nov 3, 2008.

1. Fastlight

Fastlight Semper FI

Right now i have 2 skunk shrimp a occ. clown(which my lfs swears is a percula but is not) and a royal gramma. We want to eventually get more fish. But undecided.
    1. Would a coral beauty and a flame angel fight to much? should i introduce them at the same time or does it matter.(yes i know 8 in of my total fish lenth ugh)
    2. Would a yellow clown goby and a pistol shrimp pair up? (the lfs has the bullseye kind and i read they dont pair as well...50/50 right)
    3. I want a mandarin but will probably add that last so tank is more mature although i see tons of the pods.
    4. Purple firefish? do they hide alot? we are tired of our fish hiding. (though they are getting better about coming out)

I need my lights so we can get coral!!!! grr I was up in Lansing Mi for the USMC birthday ball this weekend so we decided to check out a local pet store. OMG why the hell cant they have stuff like that in Toledo. I swear im gonna open my own store. The displays were amazing and the frag tanks were like nothing I have seen before...hundreds of em. If my tank was ready and I had a cc I would have been poor in a hurry!

Fastlight, Nov 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Fastlight

yote Ceritfied Mantis Hunter Moderator

If you get a coral beauty and a flame angel,then yeah,you'll need to add them both at the same time.
    Like you said,50/50 on the shrimp/goby.
    And firefish are firefish.Some like to hide and others not so much.

yote, Nov 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Fastlight

Fastlight Semper FI

Oh I forgot about my 5th question...Suggestions!!! fish that are reef safe and dont cost an arm and a leg.

Fastlight, Nov 3, 2008
  4. Fastlight

Look at the smaller wrasses.They are becoming my favorite type of fish,mainly because of the the colors.

yote, Nov 3, 2008
  5. Fastlight

Fastlight Semper FI

Yea my wife likes some of them and Im sorry I think they are ugly as hell. Just look at the six line..thats stupid ugly imo! And the few i do like are way to expensive. Just sucks cause they are more of the open water swimers too

Fastlight, Nov 3, 2008
  6. Fastlight

Gotta agree with ya.I dont care for lined wrasses either.But the fairy and carpenter wrasses are nice.Of course,most of em got a nice price too.

yote, Nov 3, 2008
  7. Fastlight

reeffreak

Some of the flasher wrasses like the carpenter Yote mentioned really isn't anymore expensive the flame angel,maybe even less and not much more than purple firefishes.Get a male and make sure you have some kind of top,they do jump.

reeffreak, Nov 3, 2008
  8. Fastlight

ZOOT098

i just bought a banded jawfish
    he may be the coolest fish in my tank right now, very comical
    fun to watch

bitch is i scarred him out of his burrow when i was cleaning the glass, which was right in the front of my tank and he took up residence in a corner where i cant really see him, but i will give him a few weeks, then scare him back where he was

ZOOT098, Nov 3, 2008
  9. Fastlight

Bifferwine I am a girl

Firefish are usually pretty social and like to hang out in the open.

I wouldn't try to put two pgymy angels in your tank. The risk of them fighting is too high.

Bifferwine, Nov 3, 2008
  10. Fastlight

Fastlight Semper FI

yeah my wife and I really like firefish. And The thing with the angels is that She likes the coral beauty and I like the firefish. But if we had to choose she would of course win

Fastlight, Nov 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question