I'm finally ready to start!

sebastio12

Living Reefs Student
Well, I've been a member for a month now, but it wasn't until now that I actually felt
like I started. I know some of you guys from my long thread on being new and stuff, where I detailed my failure :frustrat:, but now things have started to work out :bounce:

This forum has been a great resource to get started, I hope I can help others more from now on!

Thanks guys!

I guess I am addicted!

I'm getting a bigger tank this week as a christmas gift! It's a 56 gallon tank and it basically comes with everything!

I guess I have to start over :shock:

It's not a column, it's actually this one,

He's selling me the tank, stand, canopy, 250w metal halide, 4x55w cfs, sump, skimmer, plumbing, and 60lbs of live sand for 400.

Does this sound like a good deal?

No it has a 250 watt metal halide and two cf's, I thought it might be a good buy because of the lights. How much could these go for new?

I think that is too much unless the lights are in new condition.
$400 for under 60 gallon set up? I hope some others will chime in here. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's cheaper then most of the set-ups I've seen here, it sure is cheaper than new, bit I am not sure if it's still a good deal. There's just not that much stuff for sale here in Pensacola :(

I was planning on using my own simmer actually. How much could I expect to pay for the lighting for something like the 250 watt metal halide.

I mean the stand and hood are really expensive though, so lights and sump and tank and hood/stand seperate will come out for under 600?

If you buy a 250 watt metal halide pendant with the ballast and bulb,your looking right 270 bucks new.Depending on where you buy from.
400 bucks for everything you listed,is about the going price for that size tank around here.So I'd probably buy it.

Back