I'm goin' fishin'!

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Kole tang's gotta go. He's started picking on the coral beauty now. Gonna try to put some algae sheets in this one container during feeding time. Just gotta figure out how to put a swinging lid on it so it can close as soon as I see him in.

Just made it -- took a tall round tupperware and its lid, drilled holes, made a "hinge" from twisty ties, then tied string through the body and lid so I just have to yank the string for it to close quickly. Let's see if he falls for it. I'll give it a try tomorrow. No dinner tonight so he'll be hungry :D

I love DIY projects, especially for my pets, who don't care how whatever it is I made looks LOL I used to make my ferrets' bedding and tunnels and toys and stuff.

No pics yet...I've been lazy...I've left the contraption in the tank, putting algae sheets in it once in a while...and the tang has been hanging out in it comfortably ;) So pretty much when I'm ready to snatch him, I can :D

Oh yeah! That's what I said with Fishzilla - and the very moment I went to get her - surprise!!!! She had decided she didn't like the trap anymore and has never been caught since LOL!

had the same with an anenome I was giving someone, encouraged it to move to a tub, stayed for the first three days, then the day she was meant to go to her new home - da da! she'd moved under a rock!
:mrgreen:

Oh yeah! That's what I said with Fishzilla - and the very moment I went to get her - surprise!!!! She had decided she didn't like the trap anymore and has never been caught since LOL!

had the same with an anenome I was giving someone, encouraged it to move to a tub, stayed for the first three days, then the day she was meant to go to her new home - da da! she'd moved under a rock!
:mrgreen:

LOL yeah, but I have plan B -- trap the bitch on one side of the tank with the least amount of rocks and net him LOL I'll get his ass eventually ;)

Got him!!!!!!!!!

I believe I got it on video too :D Only took an hour from the time I tied the fishing line to the lid and container, and added algae sheets :) I swear they were studying the fishing line, too!

He's gone :D Little sucker was PISSED.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kitTQsMw9c&list=UUL_tLo3RooLt5J-kss17g_A&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

The red lines are just to show how I ran the fishing line.
fish_trap2.jpg

fish_trap.jpg

smDSC09756.jpg

Back