I'm jumping in!

Lizardlicks

Reefing newb
Well, after years of admiring saltwater beauties, while my husband and I lamented on it just being too expensive and hard to maintain hobby to try our hands in, we've finally decided to give it a go. What changed our minds? A new fish store opening up in our local mall. Our daughter, who's only two, LOVES THIS PLACE. She will grab us by the hands and physically drag the both of us to it when ever we go to the mall, exclaiming, "Fishies, fishies!"

After talking with the girl who co-runs the place, and finding out that, like me, she kept bettas for years before finally giving in to her hearts desire, and then discussing how we could cut costs on start up by buying used gear on Craigslist, I've finally decided to commit to this thing. It's going to be a little while before I'm even close to getting everything together to officially start up a tank, but I'm patient, and determined to do this right rather than fast. I hope to learn from others experience before making my own mistakes, so be ready for me to pick your brains and ask A LOT of questions.
Hope to make lots of friends here, too!

I started my first tank about 8 months ago, and it was caused by when I saw my friend's dads fish tank..I had to get one. Now I have that 30gal, another 30gal that houses my mantis shrimp, and I have a 70gal which I will be filling up in about 2 months probably. I've learned so much and I'm still learning. Most of what I've learned has come from the people on the site, they're great. Welcome!

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry... I looked at your username and had to do a double take. :lol:

oh and welcome. :D

I should start keeping a list of people who do that so I can make it into an official statistic and put it in my signature, or something. "X out of y people mis-read my username! Did you?" XD

Back