im not new to reefing but i have a new question..

beeguiles

they call me fish geek ;p
This might be a stupid question so here it goes. You guys know I set up my ten gallon nano. I got live rock a couple days ago but after inspecting it I haven't seen any little critters on it. There are worm tubes and stuff but it doesn't have the same established look as my 29 gallon live rock has...I also got sand but not live just reg. So I added a little cup of my established sand from the 29g to the 10g. I checked out the spot where I mixed the sand in and I see the little critters crawling around in the sand. My question is...do these critters have anything to eat since this tank is so new? Don't they feed on detritis? I did pit some little pieces of krill in there and a little peice of algae sheet for the emerald crab that hitched along. Idk its just something I was wondering...and are the critters I put in there going to reproduce to the rest of the sandbed? I would think they would.

Yes the will, and they are really good at living on the ends of "stuff" in your sand. They will be just fine. But if you do want to feed them I would put in very small stuff for them to eat (ie not a whole kill piece)

Back