I'm so dumb lol

UnderwaterWorld

Reef enthusiast
So my corals have been declining recently and I have had no idea why because all the water parameters have been good and I have just been too busy to really think about it.

So today while I'm doing my weekend maitence I decide to test with my hydrometer and bam there it is.

Salinity 36 shiiiiit

So almost a gallon of freshwat later I have it right lol

Hopefully my corals will turn around

If not I haven't lost much because they are just a few frags

Have you been topping off the evaporated water regularly? Using freshwater? Salinity has a way of drastically moving up and down if you don't monitor it regularly.

I have been a little bit, but I didn't expect it to be so much lol

It won't happen again that's for sure

Do you think my corals will revive themselves?

Topping it off was the right thing to do.But you probably cause another problem too.If you just topped it off and dropped the salinity pretty fast,you probably cause salinity shock to your critters.

Any lil change on a 12 gallon has a big impact on the system, i have a 12 gallon as well, my parameters change very quickly when I do a lil change..

Nah, I think you'll be okay.

When my 10 gallon was my only reef, I would have to top off like that quite often, especially if I was out of town for a couple of days. I try to keep salinity at 35 ppm or slightly lower, so my tank had probably experienced a similar experience. As always in such a small system, keep a close eye on everything. But in my experience, you'll have nothing to worry about.

Back