I'm so tempted to do this, I need a reality check...

Well, I placed the order! I'm getting 2 of them. Now, if I can figure out a way to get my emerald crab out of there......

This is sooooo cooooool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool...Aren't seahorses one of the reasons why you got into this hobby, now you have what you aloways wanted...

Cool...Aren't seahorses one of the reasons why you got into this hobby, now you have what you aloways wanted...

OMG! How on earth did you remember that??? Way back in December, I decided that I was going to make my tank a seahorse tank and move my current critters to a big tank. I have always been fascinated by seahorses even when I was a little girl. I really hope I'm not rushing into this. Thanks for the encouragement.

Catherine

Seahorses are not easy to keep. Good luck with them.

Refresh my memory...what fish are currently in your tank now?

Seahorses are not easy to keep. Good luck with them.

Refresh my memory...what fish are currently in your tank now?

Right now, I've got a maroon clown: Gus, a white fish with a purplish-blue tail that is some sort of goby: Sabriel, and one firefish: Gilgamesh. The maroon clown and the goby are moving tonight if I can catch them or tomorrow when I pull the rocks apart to find the emerald crab. There are 3 shrimp: Shiva and Ganesh- my peppermint shrimp and Zeebs my cleaner shrimp. I've got one cactus coral that is moving too. I'm leaving Shiva and Ganesh and moving Zeebs. So, by Wednesday there will be one fire fish, 2 peppermint shrimp, a bunch of hermit crabs and snails and 2 sea-cuccumbers: Loofah 1 and Loofah 2. I've got tons of tall seaweed and two leather corals that they will like. I've also moved my temp from 78 to 76 slowly working it down to 74 because I've read the seahorses like it a little cooler. Question: Is it hard to keep seahorses because people have been trying to keep live-caught? Are they difficult because they don't transition well from the ocean to a tank or are they difficult for some other reason? I want to be ready for anything.

Catherine

Good site. Be sure to keep your tank stable. Also they need to be freshwater dipped when you first get them. Same ph and temp as saltwater. This kills any parasites on them.

Back