Im Stupid--A Newb Warning.

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
So I was a good boy and did my regularly scheduled maintenance tonight. Test/clean glass/waterchange So I whip out the handy dandy trusty dusty magfloat with the razor blade attachment. Set the blade to scrape and whammo! I have got several new HUGE new and very noticeable scratches across the front pane of glass. Turns out that I set the razor too deep inadvertantly and the corner of the blade put those lovely new gouges in the glass. Be forewarned.

That happens.A speck of sand between the mag-float and glass also makes for a bad day.
Dont kick yourself too bad.We've all put a scratch in the glass one way or the other.

Yeah but do you put 4 or 5 several inches long in at the same time?

Poop happens just was sharing my sucky experience.

Yeah but do you put 4 or 5 several inches long in at the same time?

Poop happens just was sharing my sucky experience.

Try a whole end panel at once on a 55 gallon tank:grumble:From top to bottom.Thats what taught me to always rinse my cleaners off good before using them.

that really sucks dude, sorry about the scratches. But if it makes you feel better, you cant avoid them, they will happen sooner or later and we all have our fair share.

that makes me really sad ryan. im sorry i dont think i can raise enough money for a new 180 for you :( I got a razor attatchemnt for my mag a long time ago and never put it on because i was way too scared that same thing would happen, though i have heard that they are really awesome.

Back when Biff cleaned her tank she used one. im sure its long gone to goodwill or something like that assuming that she would never use it agian

again im really sorry to hear that happened man

that sucks i just put a scrach in my 75 with a mag float it picked up a peice of sand and it was over. i dont think i am going to use them any more.

(knock on wood) i have zero scratches on my tank and have had a lot of sand stuck in my mag float over the months and have seen nothing like that happen. (knock on wood)

Back