immigraton laws

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by daugherty, Apr 28, 2010.

1. daugherty

daugherty part time reefer

i was just watching the news and they were talking about the new laws in AZ to try and combat the illegal immigrants and now the feds might interject into the laws that z AZpassed. i also saw a clip aboout a county in TX is working on making it impossable for any illegel immigrant to get housing. i guess i just dont understand why it is so hard for people to fill out the proper paper work and come here in a legal way. is it really that hard to get work visas?

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. daugherty

fastrd400 It wasn't me! Moderator

If Arizona is able to keep their new law in place, I'm moving there!

fastrd400, Apr 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. daugherty

i hope they do is is a big step in the right direction that all boarder states need

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
  4. daugherty

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Depending on the country you're from, yes it can be hard. It's like that for a lot of countries, actually.

The problem is a lot of people sneak in here looking for a better life. People from third world countries with little to no education will have an extremely difficult time immigrating here. If you have nothing to offer a country, it will be pretty much impossible for you to come here...even as a visitor.

Take the Philippines for example. If you have ties to the Philippines (like land, jobs, money, etc), you have an easier time to get a visitor's visa for the U.S. If you have little or no money, no land, no skills, and you have family in the U.S., plus are older, they might not give you a visa to visit -- JUST to visit...because the way the u.s. sees it, you will come here, and because you have family here and nothing back home, you will be more apt to overstay your visa.

It's a very complicated system. As an immigrant myself, I agree that illiegal immigrants should not reap the benefits of government-run programs. The other delimma is -- what if this illegal immigrant is productive, and pays their taxes, hereby contributing to society? It gets sketchy there. I think Arizona is pushing it, and closing themselves off to those RICH Mexican tourists who go to Arizona to spend money and do nothing wrong. But I see nothing wrong in what TX is doing. I feel for you if you came here illegally and you can't have a place to live. It's not like Arizona, where you're pretty much going to have to carry around papers to prove yourself.

wontonflip, Apr 28, 2010
  5. daugherty

PufferGuy

depending on the country, getting a visa can be damn near impossible... im not pro illegal immigrants or anything, but in my ethics class last semester we talked about it, and our professor had some data on it and some statistics, and the economical changes that would occur if all illegal immigrants were deported were outrageous...

PufferGuy, Apr 28, 2010
  6. daugherty

PufferGuy

aghh ninjad

PufferGuy, Apr 28, 2010
  7. daugherty

The other thing is -- if you are 2 or 3rd or more generation american, with a hispanic heritage and perfect English, you will pretty much have to carry your birth certificate to prove yourself! Just think about that.

wontonflip, Apr 28, 2010
  8. daugherty

it is a hard line to draw and i think that anybody that wants to come here that has no harsh chriminal record shouold be allowed to come here. it is pretty crappy that you have to have money to try and have a better life.

i know one chinese man that for ten years was trying to get his family here the proper way and year after year they lost all the paper work and he had so start all over. he kept with it and his family is now here and they are all us citizens now. but i know it was hard for him to get everything done.

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
  9. daugherty

it's an even bigger problem here in Calif.

fastrd400, Apr 28, 2010
  10. daugherty

Yeah, like I said, in any country, you will have this difficulty. In canada, they do a "points" system...if you are worth a certain number of points, you will have an easier time getting residence there. I think you get points for age, education, skills, etc...basically, "will you be a productive canadian and not a drain on society".

I've seen illegal people here commit crimes (minor) but yet get permanence. But I do know that if you're here illegally, it's easier to get legal presence HERE than if you left the country and tried to come back in. If you leave, you'll be easily kept away.

Immigration law is tricky, but necessary. While I sympathize how bad things are in other countries, you do have to limit who you let in another country. Especially if that person will just be a drain on financial resources. It would be fair to taxpayers who end up supporting someone who is getting paid under the table and pays no tax.

wontonflip, Apr 28, 2010
  11. daugherty

something needs to be done. to fix this problem that we have. people blame health are problems on this, they blame not having good paying jobs. we dont have this problem here so i really dont know how bad it really is. i just hope they find some way to fix it that is good for everybody involved

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
  12. daugherty

We just need to quit catering to the immigrants. Start pulling business licenses from companies found employing them. Stop paying to feed them when they go to public schools. Stop producing material in several different laungages to accomidate them. And above all start sending them back from where they came. I have absolutely no problem with immigrants that come here the legal way. But the ones that come here by sneaking I say send em back, and do not give their kids citizenship if they came here specifically for that reason.

fastrd400, Apr 28, 2010
  13. daugherty

paying food cost just reminded me of what wlse i saw on the news a school district is going to send parents to a collection services for food bills that the parents have not made. and they said that they still feed the kids because they need to eat. so it is going to be what they owe plus 40%. many of these people have applied for help to get reduced or free lunches and have been denied. i feel for some of these parents. i know that when i applied for reduced lunches for my son i made 20 dollars to much to qualify.

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
  14. daugherty

ltljoker The Great Tang Herder

Hey who is gonna build my damn driveway (for really cheap) or my brick wall if we kick all the illigals out.:mrgreen:.... Hell I hate the new law cause i am hispanic and have already been racially profiled befor. It's no fun. Gueess I better start carrying my birth certificate when i go back to AZ:frustrat:

ltljoker, Apr 28, 2010
  15. daugherty

There are schools here in this state the feed these kids (children of illegal immigrants) breakfast and lunch. There are others that provide child care to the teenage mothers of these immigrant children as well. It's really no wonder this state is so broke.

fastrd400, Apr 28, 2010
  16. daugherty

one thing i though of is that why would they have to carry thir paper eith them as long as the have a state Id or drivers lic. here when you first get an id you have to give them your papers or have your birth cert. there are things in theis law that are pushing the line and may just be going over the line.

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
  17. daugherty

Unless you're a minority, it is hard for others to understand why this Arizona law is flawed. I understand that because they're on the border that they have to take drastic measures. They say you won't be required to carry your papers, but if you get pulled over, and cannot provide papers and your name happens to be hispanic, but you were born and raised here, they will assume you're illegal because of lack of papers? What if you were blond haired, blue eyed, and canadian in Arizona? Will they even look twice? I don't get how it is not racial profiling if you are not checking EVERYONES papers.

wontonflip, Apr 28, 2010
  18. daugherty

Some states, like MD and VA are making it harder for illegal immigrants to get state-issued id's or licenses. So that more or less solves that (not to say unscrupulous workers won't make deals under the table get immigrants to get id's anyway...cuz it did happen here in VA -- an employee was giving out IDs while getting paid to do so to illegal immigrants, which was a potential terrorist risk)

wontonflip, Apr 28, 2010
  19. daugherty

PufferGuy

In Europe, there's a "lottery" set up that you can enter, and each year they draw out X amount of participants and they are given a visa to the US.... thats how my parents and I got a visa to come here. I think the distribution of visas is proportional to the country population.

PufferGuy, Apr 28, 2010
  20. daugherty

i bet they just start pulling people over just because they are a minority and that is wrong. but they will have some BS reason as to why they stoped them and be able to get away with it.

daugherty, Apr 28, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question