immigraton laws

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by daugherty, Apr 28, 2010.

1. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

In AZ you have to be fingerprinted to register to vote. At least I was. I've also had it done for my job. Never been in trouble with the law, so I haven't had it done for that.

Bifferwine, May 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. daugherty

VAreef

Holy crap just to vote??? Well I can personally say they will never again fingerprint me willingly.

VAreef, May 1, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. daugherty

cthegame

I am just jumping in here without reading previous pages so if im out of context, im sorry.

Dont you have to get finger printed when you renew your DL? isnt it procedure in your state? I would assume everyone needs to be finger printed in case you commit a crime and they can have your prints in a database...regardless if you are a criminal or not, i would assume finger printing is a must for law enforcement. at least here in cali you have to get printed. i dont like it but i understand the need.

cthegame, May 1, 2010
  4. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Well why not? It's a way to keep illegal immigrants from voting! ;)

I have no problem with people fingerprinting me. I had to do it for my job, and that's fine. They also ran a background check. And that's fine too. If I didn't want them to fingerprint me or run a background check, I was free to turn down the job. I'm not a criminal. I'm not going to all of a sudden turn into a serial rapist. I have been fingerprinted for working on certain job sites before (I'm a contractor at several Air Force bases). I was fingerprinted for something else recently as well, but I'm wracking my brain and I can't remember what it was!

In AZ all teachers, substitute teachers and child-care providers have to be fingerprinted as well.

Bifferwine, May 1, 2010
  5. daugherty

VAreef

No I do not have to be printed for a DL. My prints are in a database but that is from a security check.

VAreef, May 1, 2010
  6. daugherty

VAreef

Yeah I did the same. Yet I willingly let them fingerprint me. Never was it forced. The question was for all American citizens to now submit to a fingerprint check and be issued a nation ID card just to be able to work in this country.

VAreef, May 1, 2010
  7. daugherty

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yeah and I have a problem with that. And the other biometric information that may be contained on that card, whatever it may be.

I suppose it is inevitable at some point though, with how fast technology moves. And you have to admit, social security cards are pretty pathetic in how easy they are to reproduce and falsify.

We may not get national biometric ID cards during this administration, but I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point during my lifetime. We can't even get electronic voting booths to work reliably, think of the disasters that will ensue from tech problems with those cards!

Bifferwine, May 1, 2010
  8. daugherty

LBFish

Fist, I didn't say someone with a thick accent, I said someone who cant speak any English. Second, if you are driving around with no drivers license, no registration and no insurance, you probably deserve to be investigated further.

Those factors obviously don't mean that you are necessarily an illegal immigrant but they clearly raise a suspicion that may be an illegal immigrant. The only real factor by your logic to indicate that you are an illegal immigrant would be the fact that you are an illegal immigrant.

If you have nothing available to identify yourself and have failed to comply with all of the law regarding a motor vehicle you have raised a serious suspicion about who you are and yes, that is an indicator that you might not be a legal citizen. And again, driving without having your license with you and driving when you have never had a license are two totally different things and easily determined by the police when you are pulled over.

The idea that the ONLY way to make this work is with racial profiling is simply not true. There are many situations in which a reasonable suspicion may arise that dont amount to racial profiling. And i'll mention this again since perhaps you missed it further back in the many pages of this thread. Profiling is perfectly legal in this country and commonly used. Racial profiling is different and clearly against the law.

Just having a thick foreign accent is not a reason to "harass" someone as you put it. But, if there are other factors that raise suspicion as to whether or not you are a legal citizen then the thick foreign accent could certainly be used as an added factor.

All of your friend that drive around without a license, registration and car insurance most certainly should be harrassed for that btw.

LBFish, May 1, 2010
  9. daugherty

LBFish

Woohoo! Mark it on the calendar, we totally agreed on something :)

LBFish, May 1, 2010
  10. daugherty

cthegame

"Stay white. Stay safe"

hehehe this is a good opportunity for all the whites who are in this country illegally to move to AZ and avoid suspicion...:mrgreen:

cthegame, May 2, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question