Impulse buy...

No, they will grow on their own. The algae that lives inside each polyp is photosynthetic, and makes food for the coral from light. As long as you have light, it will feed itself.

Congrats on your first coral. It looks good. Now there is no turning back. Every time you get in the car it'll automatically head to the LFS.

Congrats Picasso!They are truly one of the easiest and fast growing coral.Later down the road,sticking some on the back glass will give you a nice grassy background.

Yeah,Your hooked now Catherine.And dont think you'l be able to stop it,it just gets worse with every new coral.

Picasso, First I loved your pics!!! Man I can't get a pic to look that damn good if my life was on the line.

Then, I don't mean to pick on ya, but when I read that blog link ya posted......Well I was laughing at ya big time. Giggling the whole damn time :) Just hearing how you named a bristle worm ( :lol: Frank ), A snail & GSP I couldn't help myself. I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude, I just find it funny when folks name there fish & coral. I had a friend who came over once and was checking out my tank, she asked what my fish's name was, she was like Oooooo what's HIS name??? And I just looked at her all stupid like Huh?? I said well, IT's name ( cause I don't know the sex ) is Gold Striped Maroon Clown fish?? She gave me my look back, and the said, Where did you come up with that, I mean I get the Gold Striped Maroon part....But why Clown, is he goofy are something?? So I told her, no that is what the fish is. Then she said, You have to name him!! Again I said, no I don't have to name IT. It already has a name. She just looked at me and then siad, And you wonder why I tell you all the time your just WRONG. So I said ok I'll name my fish right now just for you. She got all excited and said nice things about me. And I named my fish......Ok that's Fish #1 and then that's Fish #2 and that's fish #3....I don't know why she turned and left the room, I hadn't finished naming the rest of them!!

I don't get the naming part, But I think it's funny, and get a good laugh out of it. I enjoy seeing what people come up with for what creature's, it kinda define's who they are I guess. My wife named her Beared Drangon.....A lizard...Colaundra, that's just funny. I've never named an animal, not even a dog. I'd call it ah...Dog or Hey or Hey you. In fact only thing I did name was my son, I got his first name and she got his middle name.

I named my first clowns shampoo and conditioner. Then conditioner 2. Now Shampoo is alone again, thinking of changing her name to the Black Widow

I've named all my fish.

I got a diamond goby once. Within 24 hours, it had jumped to its death. I named it Tard. So I bought a replacement diamond goby the next day. Within 24 hours, it too had jumped to its death. So it was named Retard.

Stu your posts are damn long my friend! Everyone on this site names their fish...or someone else on the site names them for them.

Now he IS Camo. Even my GF and kids call it that. Then I have Pablo and Artemesia. The new Kole tang is yet to be named.

I name my tank critters because if I don't, my daughter will. 9 times out of 10 the name she comes up with is too silly, cute, embarassing.... She wanted to call Stella, "Fuzzy-Wuzzy". Not going to happen!

Fuzzy-Wuzzy aint so bad Catherine.I've got a Flame Angel that has been dubbed "Damn Fish" I spent the better part of 3 months trying to catch it out of my tank.My daughter(she's 4)heard me say "Damn Fish" so thats what she named it.

Fuzzy-Wuzzy aint so bad Catherine.I've got a Flame Angel that has been dubbed "Damn Fish" I spent the better part of 3 months trying to catch it out of my tank.My daughter(she's 4)heard me say "Damn Fish" so thats what she named it.

yote!! that's so funny!!! still, I like Damn Fish better than Fuzzy wuzzy! It wouldn't be that bad if my daughter was 4 but my daughter is 16!

Catherine

Back