In Laws just suprised us with a new 75 gallon tank and stand, Got a few Questions

Discussion in 'New to Reefing' started by Pheeshes, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Pheeshes

Bifferwine I am a girl

Some skimmers sit outside of the sump, on the floor next to the tank. You have to have a pump in the sump bringing water to the skimmer, and then skimmer shoots it back into the sump. I have one, it's a recirculating Octopus skimmer. They are more expensive than in-sump or HOB skimmers because you have to buy the extra pump for them.

Bifferwine, Dec 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Pheeshes

Pheeshes

I guess now it's just waiting till i can get it home and get an eyeball on it and see what my options really are. thanks alot to everyone. i'll be posting pics as soon as we get it in and more that likely that will be followed by more questions.

Pheeshes, Dec 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Pheeshes

Pheeshes

ok, i got it measured. what kind of a sump/refugium can fit the space is 40wX16dX15h. with it being only 15 high i'm pretty sure keeping the skimmer down there is out, we might have some space behing the stand though. we are planning right now to put it in a corner if i can relocate the cable tv jack. thanks ladies and gents

Pheeshes, Dec 26, 2007
  4. Pheeshes

UnderwaterWorld

remember you want to make sure you can access everything in the back of your tank

UnderwaterWorld, Dec 26, 2007
  5. Pheeshes

Pheeshes

yeah, that's a good point i don't think behind the stand is an option.

Pheeshes, Dec 26, 2007
  6. Pheeshes

UnderwaterWorld

yea I have my 34 gallon tank in the corner and the filtration and everything is in the back so when I need to get to it I just pull it out, but your tank will be twice as heavy so I don't think that would be too feasible.

UnderwaterWorld, Dec 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question