In Laws just suprised us with a new 75 gallon tank and stand, Got a few Questions

Some skimmers sit outside of the sump, on the floor next to the tank. You have to have a pump in the sump bringing water to the skimmer, and then skimmer shoots it back into the sump. I have one, it's a recirculating Octopus skimmer. They are more expensive than in-sump or HOB skimmers because you have to buy the extra pump for them.

I guess now it's just waiting till i can get it home and get an eyeball on it and see what my options really are. thanks alot to everyone. i'll be posting pics as soon as we get it in and more that likely that will be followed by more questions.

ok, i got it measured. what kind of a sump/refugium can fit the space is 40wX16dX15h. with it being only 15 high i'm pretty sure keeping the skimmer down there is out, we might have some space behing the stand though. we are planning right now to put it in a corner if i can relocate the cable tv jack. thanks ladies and gents

yea I have my 34 gallon tank in the corner and the filtration and everything is in the back so when I need to get to it I just pull it out, but your tank will be twice as heavy so I don't think that would be too feasible.

Back