Indian River Lagoon Biotype aquarium

Jim Burnett

Reefing newb
I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to know if anyone has attempted an Indian River Lagoon Biotype aquarium. I just bought a 75 gal. and I was thinking about trying to set it up with some live coquina rock, oysters, and various seagrasses. The specific gravity needs to be about 1.020-1.02
5 to match my local conditions here in Palm Bay, Fl. If anyone has tried this I'd like to hear about what went right, wrong, etc.

Yes it's still one of the most biologically diverse areas in the country, even though people are killing it with pollution. You wouldn't believe the diversity of invertebrates in the seagrass. That's kinda why I want to do this tank; before it's gone.

Thanks. I'm currently accumulating all the things I suppose I'll need to set this up. Waiting for the salt now; then it's off to the river to collect at least 3 of the 5 types of seagrass that grow in this area. I hope to find some mangrove driftwood with oysters already attached, but if not, I'll use some from a nearby bottom reef. I'm really looking forward to this project. I'll take pictures as I go along and post them here if anyone's interested.

yes please do. i would be interested to see how your project comes along. sounds like it will be a real learning experience. always a good thing

Back