Infestation!

thorin

Reefing newb
I don't know if this is the right forum to be posting in, but this sounded the closest to my problem so, here goes! I was looking in my aquarium about a week ago, and I saw a weird thing. It looks kind of like a very small anemone. it is only about a centimeter, if that. It is white, and appears to have a fan, almost like a tubeworm, but the fan thingy is clear. Then, today I was looking in my tank, and noticed a lot of the things. I have at least 100 in my twenty-five gallon tank. they are everywhere, on the glass, the liverock, and one is even on the filter intake. What are these? Are they good, bad, in between? Thanks in advance for your help!

specifically describe the structure of the animal. base to top. if the base is a white curled like tube and the top is like a mini feather duster it is a reef safe animal. if that sounds like what you have let me know and I will post some info on it. also you might go to the helpful articles and you will find an article labled worms. that article may help you with add information.

the base looks like the bulb of an anemone, and is about 1 cm long. it has an opening in the middle with a clear fan like membrane over it. it is not a very complex animal so there is not really much that I can say about it.

sorry I could not help. your description does not isolate the animal to any one at this time so good luck on your identification. others may weigh in here also and have an idea or two. good luck. if I come up with any meaningful thoughts Ill post here for you.

it sounds like to diff animals to have that many in that size tank something is off check your alk/kh and nitrates i bet there high please show pic i use my cell phone just take pic and send to your e mal that how i do it

Back