injured coco worm!

he is still sticking his crown out but he looks stressed. is he going to make a new one or extend it? looks like he's a little too big for his tube now

i he comming out the bottom of the tube
if not than just kinda crimp the bottom shut with a peice of rock he will seal it up and start to make a longer tube. just be carefull not to smash him inside the tube. you can just set a peice of rock on the very edge to close it up and hope for the best.

it is hard to say he could very well die also. i really don't know what to do i am just trying to guess at the best option you have. crabs could pull him out and eat him. i just don't really know what to tell you bud

As long as he`s in the tube he should be Ok. He`s safe then also. If he gets too stressed he drop the crown so he must not be too stressed. Keep a close eye on him.

I think it will probably make it and will eventually grow a new tube. Watch that crabs and fish don't pick at it. If they do you'll have to move it or put a protective 'cage' around it to protect it while it heals. The tubes tend to be longer than the worm actually needs, so chances are it will be just fine as is. Good luck, Tristan.

I think it will probably make it and will eventually grow a new tube. Watch that crabs and fish don't pick at it. If they do you'll have to move it or put a protective 'cage' around it to protect it while it heals. The tubes tend to be longer than the worm actually needs, so chances are it will be just fine as is. Good luck, Tristan.

UPDATE: He's alive and well. and he's starting to extend his tube. im pretty happy he's doing ok. i have a soft tube feather duster now and he's doing real good.

i heard the softies use detritus to build their tubes. is this true?

Back