Innovative marine Nuvo 16 Gallon

flyboywbl

Reefing newb
Does any one have any experience with this tank? The price seems steep but I like the look a lot better than a bio/nano cube. I also like the large viewing area for such a small tank.

Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 Gal White Aquarium w/ 2x8 watt 14K

I was also wondering if there is enough space to put a small protein skimmer in the back (not a hang on the back style).

My plan would be to have it packed with live rock with a zoa garden, inverts, and maybe 1-2 small fish. Would the stock lighting be sufficient for some mild tempered LPS corals?

Also how much live rock and sand would be necessary?

We moved from Montana to New York City so we had to sell our 120 Gallon reef. I really miss the hobby and I think this would be the perfect sized tank for our 600 sq/ft apartment.

Thanks!

-Matt

Last edited:
Looks awesome!
As for skimmers, maybe the Hydor Slim Skim Nano, uhh cant think of anyothers atm, maybe a biocube one?
As for sand that is prefernce, and maybe 30lbs of rock?
Dont know about the lights, not an LED geek! ;)

Thanks Waddi.

I finally found a thread about this tank on reefcentral.com. Some people question the quality of the seals in the overflows which kind of makes me nervous.

The dimensions of the largest part of the overflow are 10 1/2" W x 12 1/2" H x 2 13/16" D so the skimmer would have to be less than 2 13/16" wide.

I might keep lookin

-Matt

Last edited:
Ok so I finally got a tank. Wife and I moved to MN from NYC where we purchased a house and plan to stay a while. I went with the Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L tank. My plan is to set it up as a simple soft coral tank with less expensive Current USA Orbit Marine LED lights. I might go with a better light system in the future. I'll set up a new thread for it.

-Matt

That's too bad mark. The he only bad thing I've had happen to my 30L to s the aft plastic baffle separated from the side glass. A call to Inovative Marine and they had me glue it. It's not structural. The glass baffle is below the waterline and is fine. The tank is doing well. It is a year old today.

-Matt

Does any one have any experience with this tank? The price seems steep but I like the look a lot better than a bio/nano cube. I also like the large viewing area for such a small tank.

Innovative Marine Nuvo 16 Gal White Aquarium w/ 2x8 watt 14K

I was also wondering if there is enough space to put a small protein skimmer in the back (not a hang on the back style).

My plan would be to have it packed with live rock with a zoa garden, inverts, and maybe 1-2 small fish. Would the stock lighting be sufficient for some mild tempered LPS corals?

Also how much live rock and sand would be necessary?

We moved from Montana to New York City so we had to sell our 120 Gallon reef. I really miss the hobby and I think this would be the perfect sized tank for our 600 sq/ft apartment.

Thanks!

-Matt

Hi Matt
See, that's IM's way to fix their products, JUST GLUE IT. I can't glue any of mine back together. I hope nothing else happens to your tank, who knows what they'll say.
Very good luck Matt.
Mark

Back