Innovative Marine Skkye 92 watt tablet LED

slm32123

Reefing newb
Hey guys, I just got an e-mail today from Marine Depot saying that I was the alternative 1st prize winner for their Innovative Marine Skkye Light LED Giveaway! :shock: I am supposed to be receiving their 92 watt tablet light... Here's a link to the fixture! Innovative Marine 92 Watt 10000K Skkye Light Tablet LED Light - White

This is the first time I have ever won any giveaway or sweepstakes. Not to mention I find out about this the day after I find out I got accepted to Lincoln College of Technology in Indianapolis!:^::bounce::^::bounce::Cheers::D:D::^::^::Cheers::Cheers::Cheers:

thanks guys! Im doing research to see if i buy another if the 2 together would be enough for my 75 gallon reef. Does anyone know anything about the capability of these fixtures?

It looks like it runs 3W LED's which is good, but the documentation on the site does not mention what LED's are used, or what color they run at so its hard to say. The other thing is it looks like the clamp gets the LED's off the rim of the tank about 6 inches. At that height, unless its running wide optics on the LED's (something else they don't bother mentioning in the documentation on the site) you'll probably need one of those fixtures for every 12-18 inches of tank

It looks like it runs 3W LED's which is good, but the documentation on the site does not mention what LED's are used, or what color they run at so its hard to say. The other thing is it looks like the clamp gets the LED's off the rim of the tank about 6 inches. At that height, unless its running wide optics on the LED's (something else they don't bother mentioning in the documentation on the site) you'll probably need one of those fixtures for every 12-18 inches of tank

I was actually looking at their PAR readings on the site, and they were showing a 24"x24" area gets about 100-150 PAR at 2 feet deep. And 150-250 at 20" deep. So I am thinking 2 fixtures over my 75 since its 4 foot long would be good? And the light I am getting is a 10K color. However I am talking to Marine Depot to see about exchanging it with them for either the 14K or the 20K version since they are the same price.

Here's the link for the PAR values. The first set of values is for the 30w pendant not the 92.
http://www.innovative-marine.com/skkye-light/par-graph/tablet-par-page.pdf

Back