Installing Intake and Output Piping?

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
The guy at the store told me that I didn't need to use any glue on any of the PVC connections above the bulkhead including the pipe in the top of the bulkhead.

True, untrue?

The drain pipe inside my overflow i usually dont glue. But the return pipes I do glue. Except maybe the last piece that shoots the water back into the tank incase i want to rotate it or whatever to adjust flow.

I was just checking the length of the pipe and now it is stuck in the PVC joiner. I mean I can't take it out to glue it.

I would glue it. If there's water pressure flowing through it (the returns) it can leak or even burst. For the drains from the tank, that's all gravity-fed, so there's not a lot of pressure on those pipes.

Yeah I figured so.

I am just now battling to get this union to let the pipe go.

It sucks because it is stuck. I drilled holes so I could get a grip and some power pulling it apart using a big drill bit but no dice.

Good thing PVC fittings are reletivley inexpensive:mrgreen:

Did you try two pairs of channel locks? On to get a good grip on the pipe and one on the fitting you are trying to remove?

I got it!!!!!

I just cut slits in it(4) and then hammered it and it slowly came out then I cut a few more slits and a few more whacks and it came out. Whew didn't feel like driving to the store. I have been there like five times in two days.

Back