Instant Ocean Protein Skimmer

DavidA717

Soon to be Reef Expert
anyone know how good it is? i have an odyessa right now, its really crappy, i seems like it doesnt do much, im looking to get another one

is the seaclone made by instant ocean? that may be it, it is at my lfs. i believe it is the seaclone 100, ill find more about it tomorrow

Seaclones are the worst skimmer. The first skimmer I bought was a seaclone as alot of newb's do, and I wish I never did. Just a hunk of junk. I'm surprised the oddysea is not good I have heard sooo many good things about there skimmers. Have you tried to dial it in to get the best skimmate.

what has happened with my odyessa is it is collecting way to much water into the collection cup. i try to turn the dial all the way down, and its bubbling at the top, which makes me have to empty after about 5 hours. when i first got it, it was fine, i could turn the dial all the way down to where it was basically turned off, or all the way up. now its just not working right. anyone know what i could do? i tried taking it apart to see if something was clogged, but it is still doing it

Do you add any additives to your water? Like tap water conditioner, slime coat, anything that contains aloe, or medications? If you add any such thing, it will make your skimmer go berserk and just pull water for days.

Do you add any additives to your water? Like tap water conditioner, slime coat, anything that contains aloe, or medications? If you add any such thing, it will make your skimmer go berserk and just pull water for days.

Now thats an echo!

No Rigo hits the ''quote button''

Seriously don't go super cheap when shopping for skimmers.Its one of the most important equipment in a reef.I recommend Aqua C(oh geez,did I say that)for HOT.In sump the Coralife or Octopus skimmers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Rigo hits the ''quote button''

Seriously don't go super cheap when shopping for skimmers.Its one of the most important equipment in a reef.I recommend Aqua C(oh geez,did I say that)for HOT.In sump the Coralife or Octopus skimmers.

what about Prizm skimmers, know anything about them?
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=7928&s_kwcid=protein%20skimmer|914535681&cm_mmc=PPC-_-Google-_-Fish-_-protein%20skimmer&ref=4032&subref=AA&N=2004+113771

ASM, euro reef, H&S and Aqua C are my skimmers of choice.

I use all 4 of these. I will agree with everyone, NO seaclone!! and don't skimp on your skimmer.

The Prizm is about one step above the Sea Clone. If that's all you can afford, okay... But for about $25 extra you can get a Coral Life which many people on here seem to really like. The Aqua C Remora Pro will run you quite a bit more, but is even better still.

Back