Instant Ocean Snake Oil ?

Purewaterclub.com. Mine is a 125 gpd unit. 5 stages.

Awesome ! I never saw such a low price on water purification equipment ! :bounce:
When my membrane comes due for replacement next year, I'll just replace my unit with a higher capacity one, and put my old one on Craigslist.....

I used to recommend Purewaterclub.com, because they had a good product for the cheapest I'd ever seen. But I can't recommend them anymore in good conscience because so many people had terrible customer service experiences with them. If you shop there, buy at your own risk.

I used to recommend Purewaterclub.com, because they had a good product for the cheapest I'd ever seen. But I can't recommend them anymore in good conscience because so many people had terrible customer service experiences with them. If you shop there, buy at your own risk.

Well, sometimes it just isn't worth the savings to deal with some vendors.... I ran into that in the model airplane hobby with some of those discount Chinese suppliers.

Exactly. PureWaterClub is a Chinese knock off outfit. When people had problems with their products, they found it impossible to get assistance, and never got their money back.

I reccomend bulkreefsupply.com more expensive than some places, but excellent customer service. Plus we usually run a group buy every couple months.

Well Reefers,

In light of my findings regarding errors from my cheap test kits, etc. I can only conclude that the IO water conditioner must be a good, effective product. I have always been pleased with Aquarium Systems products. And having this forum handy for technical advice is as good as having a good reef shop around the corner !

No - you need to use a sediment filter ahead of the block(s). What you'd do is add a housing in front of your system. Move your sediment filter to the new housing, and put a CGAC filter or carbon block where your sediment filter was.

Your RO water will have ammonia in it.

Russ

No - you need to use a sediment filter ahead of the block(s). What you'd do is add a housing in front of your system. Move your sediment filter to the new housing, and put a CGAC filter or carbon block where your sediment filter was.

Russ

Do you sell a housing and the necessary hose & fittings to connect it in line with my Coralife RO unit ?

Russ

Actually, I had already replaced the existing carbon block prefilter with a better one, and the Salifert test shows zero ammonia in the RO water. I have yet to check it for chloramine, test kit now on order for that. But I would like to add two stages to my unit some time in the future; another carbon block prefilter & a DI resin canister to make it a full-blown 5-stage RO/DI unit.

Actually, I had already replaced the existing carbon block prefilter with a better one, and the Salifert test shows zero ammonia in the RO water. I have yet to check it for chloramine, test kit now on order for that. But I would like to add two stages to my unit some time in the future; another carbon block prefilter & a DI resin canister to make it a full-blown 5-stage RO/DI unit.

Hmm. There's nothing in your system that will remove the ammonia, so I'm not clear on how you don't have it in your RO water.

Russ

Hmm. There's nothing in your system that will remove the ammonia, so I'm not clear on how you don't have it in your RO water.

Russ

The newer type carbon block prefilter element I just installed is supposed to be effective at removing chloramine, but I cannot yet verify that its output is completely free of chloramine until I get my chloramine test kit. The Salifert ammonia test, as I understand it, will not detect chloramine, only pure ammonia.

Back