Insurance Policy

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
Sorry guys, but I just didn't know anywhere else to put this. Does anyone here have any type of insurance policy on their tanks? This would include the livestock and equipment, not necessarily your homeowners/renters insurance to cover the damages if your tank fails. Would they be covered under "pet" insurance policies? "Art" policies? Any ideas?

You won't get any coverage on anything live. Equipment and the tank would be covered with some type or rider I believe

I dont think they would have insurance for fish and coral. especially with millions of things that can go wrong with it.

probably for 5 dollars a month, They will just ensure you that you cant get insurance.

jk

You could get an insurance policy to cover damages in the event the tank burst or a ballast caught on fire and burned the place down.

As for insuring live animals - forget it.

I would think you could insure your tank and equipment under a valuable personal property insurance. I have one of those policies on some guitars and music equipment that is seperate from my homeowners.

I have renters insurance. My fish tanks, guns and airplanes are covered in a special rider for an extra $3 a month. It covers loss due to theft, breakage/damage when in the home (not while flying), fire, flood etc..

Back