Interesting article from another site

I was wondering about that. I think in the small water volumes our tanks the effects of the stray voltage become detrimental instead of accelerating growth like these corals are experiencing.

Yeah, I think the lil amount of leaked voltage we get in our tanks, is still too much for that small volume of water..

Very interesting Smitty, good find. Funny, I was asking the same questions about voltage the whole time I was reading it....LOL

I've never paid much attention, but maybe the stay voltage in our tanks affect the inverts and fish and not the corals as much...so I wonder would a coral only tank be affected by a lil stray voltage?

good article.

this is very similar to what Dubai did a while back when he was adding square footage to his country.

i agree with what everyone else has been saying about voltage and our tanks by volume.

Great idea Smitty,
I think someone who has a frag tank and can pull any fish or inverts out should try this out. Most importantly please let us know how many times you stick your hand in there before remember that you intentionally added voltage to this tank.:shock:

they are using very small amounts of voltage so I doubt sticking your hand in would hurt =P

But it would be interesting to find out if any1 has tried these methods in captive tanks.

Back