Interesting change in my softies

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
So i've been noticing that some of my corals have not been doing so hot lately, mainly my softies. My blue shrooms never did well but 3 of them are still hanging on. My green zoas are OK, but not looking their absolute best. My little patch of about 10 purple zoas (right next to the green ones) are mostly closed. And my green star polyps are half closed. All of these (other than the mushrooms) were doing AWESOME for the previous few months. They seemed to go south since my recent algae bloom. I have some green hair algae and some diatoms. Been a few weeks now at least. My water tests out great. Even my alk and calc levels are ok. Been doing water changes. But then my digitas, and monti-caps are growing like crazy! My GBTA hangs out about 8 inches above the zoas. But he stays put and his tentacles are nowhere near the zoas.

Any ideas? :12:

Not that I can see during daylight hours.
And it's not that any polyps are missing or anything like that.
They just look a bit stressed.

Heres something to try.I dont that it'll work,but,,,
Trying either just running your actinics for a day,or just leave all the the lights off for a day.Maybe they just need a break from the light.

I was thinking about that. Especially with the algae bloom.
My only reservation was the anemone. I guess he'll have to suck it up!

what made me think of that is the sps are growing like crazy and they dont do good if they are in a nutrient rich water but most softies do better

Back