Introduce yourself with pics.

Re: Introduce your self with pics.

Just thought I would bring this thread up for all the new people. Feel free to post.

Here's me and my 33% scale Pitts S2B w/52cc engine.
Pitts.jpg

My son Mike at his 4th B-day party. Took him to Chucky Cheese. He's winking at the girls while we sing him Happy B-day. What a stud!!
P1010009.JPG

My daughter Amber. This was Easter 2006.
P1010018.JPG

Both of them at Chucky Cheese on Mikes 4th B-day party. I gotta tell ya, that was some expensive cardboard pizza.
P1010003.JPG

Can't find a pic of my wife that she will let me post. :roll: Women!!

nice pics rc. holy crap that plane is like the size of your entire body! the one I flew was like 2 feet long.

That plane looks awsome. Cute kids you got there. 4 years old and already hitting on the girls.LOL

Thanks for the compliments.

My wife does not always enjoy my crude sense of humor. I made a comment once, "Well, we know he ain't gonna be gay. He's already hitting on women. I guess his brain is wired correctly."

And she smacks me for it!! :grumble: I'm like WTF? Would you prefer he was winking at the other boys?

Women!! :roll:

lame. its all about having fun like that.. my boy is such a little flirt. his mom and I joke around about It all the time

nice pics rc. holy crap that plane is like the size of your entire body! the one I flew was like 2 feet long.

It's not that big. Wingspan is 65". It weighs 18 pounds. Thats 1/3 the size of the real one. It's 33% scale. The real one only has a 12 foot wingspan and weighs like 900 pounds.

Thanks for the compliments on my kids.

THIS is getting kinda big: :bounce:
Fuse.jpg

Thats got a 90" wingspan. It's going to weigh about 22 pounds when it's done. 75cc engine w/variable timing electronic ignition system. $1000 worth of digital servos.

The bottom:
Fuseb.jpg

The business end:
EngineSide.JPG

This isn't finished at the time of the pic, so please excuse the wiring mess. this is dual servos that are ganged together for my rudder. About 300 ounce/inches of torque total.
RudderTray.JPG

Glad to see that boy winking in the right direction Rc.
They cute as buttons.

Now on the planes,How many channels you running on your radio?Retractable gears?
Man,My wife would strangle me if I bought a 33% plane and crashed it.

Am looking at maybe some day getting either a smaller F-16 or F-15,,with the lil mini-jet engine.

That plane is sooo cool. I have always like them and flown once with an experienced person with an over ride controller. Man I loved it, but forget my wife, I would strangle myself if I crashed one.LOL Great planes though.

On the 33% Pitts, it's still only 4 channels.
Throttle
Ailerons
Elevator
Rudder

BUT, I got 4 aileron servos. 2 elevator servos. 1 throttle. 1 choke. 1 for my tailwheel. 1 for the rudder. That's 10 servos. I am using a JR Matchbox on the ailerons. It's a servo synchronizer that allows you to plug in 4 servos and adjust the center, travel in both directions and total endpoint in both directions, as well as reversing if needed. Nice gadget, but they cost $70 apiece.

I'm using dual batteries on the receiver (RX) and duel switches for some redundancy and safety. I also have a battery on my ignition system.

The 30% Extra 300L servos:
1 throttle
2 ailerons
2 elevators
2 rudders
1 choke

And I have an optically isolated kill switch that will shut down power to the ignition system in the event the RX looses the signal from the transmitter. Safety feature so that I don't auger 22 pounds into the pits at full throttle and kill someone.

So, I actually have 9 items to plug into the RX. But, I only got 8 channels on the RX. :shock:

No problem. Run two RX's :mrgreen:

That plane has dual batteries for the RX's. Two batteries are split through dual voltage regulators and plugged into 6 seperate ports in the RX's to provide almost 14amps of power I need to fly it full tilt boogie and not stall a servo. The batteries can deliver 15 amps each, so I run them through a voltage regulator to keep from cooking the servos or the RX. I have the capacity of 30 amps in the plane, but I regulate it down to only 12 amps. If the regulator fails, I have a redundant diode inline to prevent a massive current surge into my RX and servos. Ya gotta damn near be an electrical genious to rig one of these monsters and provide yourself 2-fold redundancy without frying $1000 worth of electronics. The servos are all metal-geared and digital circuitry.

I don't fly planes with retracts or flaps. Those would be more general aviation or military planes. I don't fly Cessnas (general aviation) and I don't fly Mustangs (warbird or if you're like me-- warturd).

I ONLY fly aerobatic airplanes with TOO MUCH horsepower. :mrgreen: Go big or go home!! It's only too much HP when you can't slow down enough to land. If the engine is still turning the prop and moving too much air to land the plane--it just keeps gliding past--thats too much HP. I've only managed to do that once. Had to deadstick to land it.

Anything less than 2:1 thrust/weight ratio is for SISSIES!!! ARGH ARGH ARGH!!!

those planes are big..is there any way that i could send you guys some frags using them overseas???..nice family and great pics RC

Well, heres me and my boy...at Disneyland i think..

DSC_0060.jpg

My little piano prodigy...
DSC_0013-3.jpg

Mmmmm, lemon, tasty...
IMG_0022.jpg

Yeeeeee Hawwww!
web3.jpg

I was looking thru some of the old pics and I was like damn, Im gettin fat....

This is a great idea, have enjoyed looking through and "meeting" everyone. Some beautiful families out there.

This picture is 3 years old but is the last time I was in front of the camera. Can you tell the hubby and son were not willing participants in this photo?!

4868-R1-14-11A.jpg

and here are my furbabies
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Last edited:

I Cant say that I would have been willing to have my pic taken with Mickey either,lol.

And I've got to keep my wife seeing them pooches.I cant afford nothing else to feed.

Them are great pics mike. I like the cowboy one. I might have to get one like that with my son.

shihtzu. Nice family, but like your husand, son, and yote, I wouldn't want to take one with mickey either.LOL Very cute dogs. I had a shihtzu for 16 years then she had a stroke and unfortunitly we had to put her down.

Back