Introducing a blue hippo tang

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by cswright87, Sep 29, 2011.

1. cswright87

cswright87

I was wandering i already have a powder brown tang that i have got recently for my new tank. I heard that its bad to introduce other tangs after one has been in the tank for a while. I have been wanting a blue hippo tang i was just wandering if that will cause problems introducing that one in.

cswright87, Sep 29, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. cswright87

chuck78 The Reefanatic

Which tang will be bigger? I don't think there would be a problem, but it would help if the new addition is a little bigger (to fight back). You should also re-scape the rock work some so the PB Tang will lose his current territory because it will think that its in a new tank. In most cases, there will be some tail slapping, maybe some fin nipping for a few days then all will be well. I say go for it. I have 5 tangs in my tank (all purchased months apart) & I have no aggression issues FOR NOW. I'm about to buy a 220 in a few months so that this harmony will continue. GOOD LUCK!!

chuck78, Sep 29, 2011
    cswright87 likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question