introducing a new clown?

Discussion in 'Reef Fishes' started by joshlegs, Jan 4, 2013.

1. joshlegs

joshlegs

So it's been a week since the tank crisis. I let my water levels stabilize and I think it's been enough time for it all to calm down.

So I wanted to pair up my clown with a new one. I picked up a new ocellaris from petco, and I got the smallest one in the tank of probably 8. I thought it would be small enough. I got home and noticed it's a fair amount bigger than the existing clown, which is a female. I would think that the big one is the male, but being bigger, will it stay male? or should I expect fighting .... i really hope they'll get along. I thought I made the right choice at the store, but I'm afraid I might not have ....

joshlegs, Jan 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. joshlegs

chichimom79 reef junkie

Give it time and see how they react to each other. You may have to remove one if they get too aggressive. My maroon clowns beat up on each other all the time and I've never seen any damage. Good luck!

chichimom79, Jan 4, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question