Introducing myself!

rems

Reefing newb
Hi everyone! As you can see I am new to this forum and new to saltwater aquariums.

All living things interest me whether it is wild animals, marine mammals, exotic fish, etc. I am starting college soon and I have a pretty good idea about which route I want to take regarding my career path. My future must contain animals. I had my heart set on being a wild life vet but recently I have been learning about the wonders of marine biology. It interested me so much that I finally built up the nerve to buy a tank and start my own saltwater aquarium. The more I learn about saltwater fish and their habitats, the more I lean towards choosing a path that leads to being a marine biologist. So in advance I appreciate everyone's help in helping me learn on this forum!!!! :mrgreen:

Background:
I am starting small; I have a 20 gallon tank. I am in the process of learning which fish I can place in my tank. I want...no...I NEED a flame angel. They are a dwarf fish, and on the site and many others, it says that the minimum tank size is 20 gallons, so I am good. I have already started a thread requesting help on which fish would be most compatible with the flame angel.

I am at the point where I have all of my equipment set up, the saltwater is in and I am ready for the live rock and substrate! All I need is to decide which fish I am going to purchase! :sfish:

Rems

Thank you!

The clownfish was my first choice of fish to go with my flame angel. I've been doing a lot of research on there compatibility today. I see they're generally compatible but in many cases the clownfish would attack and terrorize the flame angel. Also if I get clownfish, do I have to get a pair? Or just one?

Hello and welcome!
I am going to disagree with a flame being ok in a 20 gal tank. I think a 30 gal is really pushing it, but that should be the absolute smallest tank they should be in.

Welcome aboard,
Clown fish are very often a first choice, and they are one of the best fish for starting, too.

Back